Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Adventure Fishing Fitness
November 27, 2007, 07:44:33 AM
it must be bloody hot there, Jon. Malcolm looks like he is about to expire already!
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
November 27, 2007, 12:49:50 PM
it must be bloody hot there, Jon. Malcolm looks like he is about to expire already!

Hi Brandon ,

It was in Bali airport and yes it was hot then but the three of them had not yet started fishing , we were sending off Mark Shannon to catch the plane back to Italy ( the big guy with rod tube ) .

Jon .

It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Aaron Concord

November 27, 2007, 09:57:25 PM
Jon,
I have heard of Vic before. Haven't had the pleasure of meeting the man.
Yes, you are right..Mr Shannon, Harrison & Crane have all had to put up with me waving a video camera in their faces before....Top Guys...Top Fishermen.
More importantly, they sort their gear & fitness out all the time....they are a few guys who have the chance to travel pretty frequently to fish all over the place for big GT's.
For a 6 day casting trip...things need to be pretty good in the physical stakes!!!
I get stuffed just filming, let alone doing the casting and fighting for brute sized GT's!!!

Aaron.

Mack Carson

February 11, 2008, 08:36:22 AM
Hi.

New to this forum..

As far as fitness and exercising/Building the right muscles for a sport goes.  I've been fit all my life. (66yrs) Distance Running. Ocean sailing (Single Handing mainly).  etc.

Nowadays though. The best sport I've found for fitness and Great for  pulling on fish. Is  Outrigger Canoeing.
Does your whole body. Emphasising on  back .Stomach, Shoulders. Top of, and upper arms. Forearms.  Plus.   Great grip.

We do a 17 to 21 km Paddle in Keppell bay most Sat morn's. Which is 1.1/2 to2ish hrs at 60/61 strokes a minute. 85/90% power. Constantly.  No Stopping. In up to 1 plus mtr waves.  Plus 3 other evening sessions a week.
I come up completely rooted at end of session. But no major soreness next day.. and can pump up the big cod. Redfish. G.T's. Spanno's, and huge (Read 36kg best this year. Av, over 20kg) Cobia, alongside  some big blokes round here.      All Day..  Without getting too sore either..
I reckon it's best thing since sliced bread.For our sport.

It's better than Gym work .A hell of a lot  cheaper. Good social life. and really does sort you for this type of fishing. 
Dragon Boating similar. but different. We got 6 to boat. They got 20. But does same muscle groups.

See Ya
Macka17