Charles Cintron

• Red Bass
  • Waianae, Hawaii
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Varivas PE Braid
January 04, 2012, 08:07:12 PM
Can anyone please explain the differences in these lines? I visited Sansui in Japan and they spoke limited english but got the interpretation that 3&4 were the same thing? Its kind of confusing with the names having little variance. I currently use number 3 but was wondering about the other lines.

1.Varivas Avani Casting
2.Varivas Avani Casting SMP PE

3.Varivas Avani GT Casting Max Power PE
4.Varivas Avani GT Max Power

5.Varivas Avani GT Max Power (Limited Edition)
6.Varivas Avani GT SMP

7.Varivas Super PE Line (New)
GT FIGHT CLUB

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Varivas PE Braid
January 04, 2012, 08:28:41 PM
I use Varivas Avani Casting ( Blue color ) for my freshwater application , mostly PE 2.5 n PE3 , on my baitcaster reels . I am happy with this line .

I use Varivas Avani GT Max Power for popping ( White color )  , PE 5 ~ PE10 . I am happy with this line .

I have used Varivas Avani GT SMP , I am not too happy with this line and in my opinion , due to the line being too thin , it is prone to break caused by shock during a violent strike from GT .

I have tried Varivas Super PE line for light jigging , I am still undecided with this particular line .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 04, 2012, 09:48:26 PM
Can anyone please explain the differences in these lines? I visited Sansui in Japan and they spoke limited english but got the interpretation that 3&4 were the same thing? Its kind of confusing with the names having little variance. I currently use number 3 but was wondering about the other lines.

1.Varivas Avani Casting
2.Varivas Avani Casting SMP PE

3.Varivas Avani GT Casting Max Power PE
4.Varivas Avani GT Max Power

5.Varivas Avani GT Max Power (Limited Edition)
6.Varivas Avani GT SMP

7.Varivas Super PE Line (New)

I am not so sure 3 and 4 are the same Charles. I think 3 is mainly a light line with a max size of PE4 or PE5 (someone please correct if I am wrong)?  Number 4 is one many GT anglers use and comes in sizes PE5 to PE12.

5, I would imagine, is the limited edition green version of 4 which came out last year. If so, it is the same line as 4 but a different colour.

6 has some mixed reports, particularly with stress explosions. It is a fantastically fine and supple line though and casts so well.

1, 2 and 7, I know nothing much about.

Charles Cintron

• Red Bass
  • Waianae, Hawaii
  • Liked:
January 05, 2012, 09:38:40 AM
OK thanks,

When I asked the salesman at sansui what the difference was between 3&4 the only english word that came out was "same". So I bought 3 in a PE 8 300m spool. But I was thinkin they were different because they had different labels. Sounds like 3, 4, and 5 are the ones to stick with for GT popping.

Does anyone know the diameter of what I have listed as 3 and 4  in PE 8 and PE10? I have looked on the varivas english version website and it does not list it or I did not see it?

thanks
GT FIGHT CLUB

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 05, 2012, 10:38:02 AM

Charles Cintron

• Red Bass
  • Waianae, Hawaii
  • Liked: