Nathan Cefai

• Giant Trevally
  • Reel Men Smoke Stellas
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Musandam, Oman May 2011
May 18, 2011, 11:04:27 AM
Nice one Sami,some good fish there and a mixed patch of fish..
What is that green stick bait with the gold writing on the top of it ?

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
May 18, 2011, 11:08:16 AM
Great report Sami!

Nathan: It's a Deep Liner stickbait.

Ewan Macleod

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
May 18, 2011, 02:03:02 PM
Woah! Great trip and sweet photos Sami.

I really like the sequence of photos - jellybean yellowfin tuna are caught and then the next two GT's looks like you guys all switched to yellowfin coloured stickbaits!

Cool boat photo.

Cheers
Ewan.

Rob Langridge

• Fusilier
  • I intend to live forever...... So far, so good.
  • Liked:
May 19, 2011, 07:36:13 AM
yes on the top of it is experience, experience play a big factor, i read the water and i can tell where the fish might hold and what is the right approach, i barely loose any fish to knot failures, you can only gain knowledge by being out there with in open mind.

I agree with you 100% sami about experience playing a big factor no matter what kind of fishing it is. May i ask do you have any tips for an inexperience GT fisherman like myself on how to read the water and where the fish might be holding in the water when it comes to GT fishing.

Talking of barely loosing any fish to knot failures: I was shown the other day by Brandon Khoo how he ties his FG knot and it has given me confidence in my knots.

Cheers Rob  :)
Cheers,
Rob

Saltywater Tackle

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • SAMI, PAUL & RAYMOND
  • Liked:
May 20, 2011, 06:18:27 AM
yes on the top of it is experience, experience play a big factor, i read the water and i can tell where the fish might hold and what is the right approach, i barely loose any fish to knot failures, you can only gain knowledge by being out there with in open mind.
I agree with you 100% sami about experience playing a big factor no matter what kind of fishing it is. May i ask do you have any tips for an inexperience GT fisherman like myself on how to read the water and where the fish might be holding in the water when it comes to GT fishing.
Talking of barely loosing any fish to knot failures: I was shown the other day by Brandon Khoo how he ties his FG knot and it has given me confidence in my knots.
Cheers Rob  :)

Rob Langridge

• Fusilier
  • I intend to live forever...... So far, so good.
  • Liked:
May 20, 2011, 06:42:14 AM
Thanks Sami

My plan is to get myself on a trip with in the next 12 months and get myself a nice big fat GT.
I find your reply very informational and i thank you very much.

Cheers Rob  ;)
Cheers,
Rob