Lazaros Tsenesidis

Shore Jigging
January 13, 2011, 08:18:56 PM
Hello all

Has any of you ever tried shore jigging?

I live in South Korea at the moment and i am practicing this technique here with good results.

Basically its a mix of spinning and vertical jigging using lighter equipment than vertical jigging and GT popping. Targets are all those hunting fish species that are not afraid to come near to shore.

Jigs are same but smaller 60-110 grs, and the moves are exactly the same as vertical jigging.

Let me know if you have tryed that before or if you interested to try.

Have a nice day! 

Kiel Hinds

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Shore Jigging
March 24, 2011, 01:42:38 AM
I've been wanting to give this a go as well! What kind of jigs have you found to be most successful?
I was checking the butterfly system on shimano website and noticed that some have a long slow slide to side action
others a more rapid zig-zag and then some more of swirling action. What kind of action in your opinion works best or
is it more of a "match the hatch" kind of thing where some jigs work best one place and for one species of fish
and then not so good somewhere else?

Jason Chiu

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 24, 2011, 02:38:30 PM
I'm interested to try! I bought an owner dvd on shorejigging and it looked pretty cool (i don't understand japanese though lol)
Was wondering how deep the ledges are that you fish?
I imagine it won't be much good if they are 3-5m deep?

Bertrand Loyeung

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 25, 2011, 10:38:18 PM
I do shore jigging here in Sydney where the water is 30-50m deep. Rod: 10th Yamaga blanks blue sniper, reel: saltiga 4500 with pe3 ultracastman and my favorite jig is the evergreen javelin in 100g. Caught anything from kingfish, salmon, bonitos and even sergeant baker.

Cheers
Bertrand

Tony Giang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 26, 2011, 02:29:38 PM
I saw some clips on youtube and was curious as to what type of rods they use.
Do they use long jigging rods or light popping rods?

Jason Zhou

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
March 26, 2011, 07:41:04 PM
I saw some clips on youtube and was curious as to what type of rods they use.
Do they use long jigging rods or light popping rods?
long jigging rods or light popping rods is not long enough for shorejigging. I have used Carpenter BLC 84/22 as shorejigging rod. It is still shorter. 
I think best shorejigging rod need 9.8ft to 10ft.

gus cisneros

March 31, 2011, 04:39:42 PM
keen to have a go with my new rod!!I have a mc works ranging bull that i think is perfect for shore jigging!

James Taylor

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 16, 2011, 09:09:25 PM
Does anyone have any hints on where to go shore jigging in sydney?

I often spin for salmon, bonito and tailor off the north of freshwater beach and have given sore jigging a half assed go but with no results.

Cheers

Jason Zhou

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 16, 2011, 10:24:47 PM
Does anyone have any hints on where to go shore jigging in sydney?

I often spin for salmon, bonito and tailor off the north of freshwater beach and have given sore jigging a half assed go but with no results.

Cheers
I try shore jigging in BFP and JB. Some kingie around there :)

James Taylor

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 22, 2011, 09:58:16 PM
BFP?

Bertrand Loyeung

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 22, 2011, 10:52:48 PM
BFP = Blue Fish Point

James Taylor

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 23, 2011, 09:17:58 AM
Thanks Bertrand,

I haven't tried Bluefish point or north head, I was under the impression you need to be a keen mountaineer to get down there?

Jason Chiu

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 23, 2011, 04:22:41 PM
Thanks Bertrand,

I haven't tried Bluefish point or north head, I was under the impression you need to be a keen mountaineer to get down there?

Yeah my friend went there for the first time about 2 months ago, said it wasn't worth the trek through the jungle. But he didn't shorejig, just spinning.

Kiel Hinds

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 17, 2011, 10:39:24 AM
Came across UZU jigs recently. A guy on a japanese forum told me that they use them for shore jigging. He said that
they can be worked a few different ways. Might be work a try with these jigs. :o

Carl Hollis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
May 17, 2011, 06:31:14 PM
I use 60g white Sea Rock metals re-rigged with a single assist off the head, back treble removed. Cast with 305 Daiwa Seajigger rod and 3500 Daiwa Seagate highspeed reel. Got big sambos, countless bonnies but yet to snare a kingy....

Have also experimented with my bigger casting rig 8'3" Zenaq Fokeeto Trevally (PE6-8), Stella 10000 and 65lb braid using Maria 110g metal jigs re-rigged with an assist hook off the nose. No results as yet, not from lack of trying.

Casting around Sydney northern beaches ledges.

Carlos
Carlos