Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Lagoon Explorer 16 May 2011
May 17, 2011, 08:13:58 AM
Glanville: Who switched the fans on last night???? We woke up this morning to 25knts of howling SE winds my guys were still keen however and we ventured out on a mission in search of a few GTs on the run out tide, fishing was near impossible with the wind we persevered and my guys decided to pull the pin a little early we still managed to boat 5 GTs including a 30kg one and we also saw 2 other fish that were both around 40kg a little frustrating not to hook up on one of them, those are the kinda fish you need to catch in these conditions

Alex- well today's conditions can be described fairly easily........ BAAAAADDDDDD. My guys saw the waves and heard the howling wind so we opted to chillax on motherpig for a while. We had FG knot tying lessons and then when conditions were a bit better went for a fish and in the hour we went out we got a nice Spaniard and a really nice Diamond Trevally of about 8-10kg, they are one of the coolest looking fish. After that we found another way of escaping the wind, jump in the water. Alex's snorkelling adventures were back in business. We had awesome visibility and there were heaps of little pretty fish to look at, to top it off we got a nice big Painted Cray off a little freckle of a bommie then came back to Odyssey for an early beer o'clock.

Pete- Started off today looking for a GT. The guys only wanted 1 because they said they were broken from previous days. It didn't take long to achieve this so the next fish on the target list was a doggie for sushi. It wasn't long
before we got one on the light tackle on soft plastic along with other reef species such as trout, sweet lip and green job fish. We then decided to tag along with Alex and his crew to go for a Cray hunt after lunch, a good days fishing considering the bad weather.