Janelle O'Connell

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fishing Widows
May 31, 2011, 10:28:21 PM
To all of you heading off on Fishing Adventures this year spare a thought for your loved ones left behind.

Gifts of course are appropriate!

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Fishing Widows
June 01, 2011, 02:26:25 PM
 ;D....Some of our wifes LOVE it when we leave Janelle.... ;D ;D

Not mine of course... ??? ;) :P ;D

Pete

Janelle O'Connell

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 01, 2011, 07:54:27 PM
Hi Peter,

Based on some fishermen I have met I can understand why ;)  Again not you of course.  My problem is that I would rather be where Duncan is.   Nine of them flew out on Tuesday to Kiribati.  I am not feeling as sorry for myself tonight but I will still be pushing for the gift!  Maybe a trip of my own..........and he gets to children sit.  I am sure one of them will put together a report when they get back. 

Janelle

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
June 01, 2011, 08:34:48 PM

Jim Isherwood

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 01, 2011, 09:04:29 PM
Im one of the lucky ones when it comes to fishing widows !!! im sure she appreciates the little gifts when i return from a big trip

One does learn with age that you only get what you give !!!!
Janelle ?????? maybe a leave pass to the Amazon in return LOL

Jamie Moir

June 01, 2011, 09:53:42 PM

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 03, 2011, 10:10:31 AM
My wife keeps a list of new expensive fishing gear and trips, and then a corresponding list with names I don't really understand on it, but who I believe are shoe and dress designers

Luckily for me she doesn't know the true cost of some of this stuff or we would be broke!

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 03, 2011, 11:32:54 AM
My wife keeps a list of new expensive fishing gear and trips, and then a corresponding list with names I don't really understand on it, but who I believe are shoe and dress designers

Luckily for me she doesn't know the true cost of some of this stuff or we would be broke!

;D ;D ;D LMAO, don't forget the handbag designers, got to have a different one for each outfit. ::)
Set the ray to GeeT

Janelle O'Connell

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 03, 2011, 05:07:35 PM
I thought I had a really good idea of what fishing tackle Duncan owned.  One year I planned to get him a Zenaq jig rod for Christmas but couldn't remember if it was the spin or overhead that he currently had.  I did the subtle questioning just to find out he actually owned both already. 

Jim - Duncan will definitely owe me big time - Christmas Island and Montebellos...... (and he still owes me for two trips to Weipa).  ooohh and I got him a second Go-Pro camera for the trip.   Is there any good shopping on the stop over back from the Amazon trip?

Jim Isherwood

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 04, 2011, 12:27:08 PM
Janelle im not sure but im having 5 days in Buenos Aires on the way back hehehehe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 04, 2011, 10:32:27 PM

Careful there Scott - you may end up being the one who underestimates the true cost of some of her stuff!!!
Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Janelle O'Connell

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 05, 2011, 08:54:04 AM
Just heard from Duncan.  They are having an awesome time getting blown away by fish on the flats.  There was a bit of rain the first few days.  I didn't get many other details because the sat phone kept cutting out.  They were heading out to chase Tuna and GT's today.

It is true that sometimes you never know how much you have "accumulated" .  My sister had to have her husband's comic book collection valued and we all just about died.   After a recent trip to Sydney and doing some clothes looking I can tell you know the fishing tackle pales in comparison.