Dave Hoo

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi all,
Was at the website by Kilsong and saw the black hole cape cod blanks for both popping and jigging

I was looking at buying them for chugging craftbaits GT3 with Pe10 lines. Will the Popping rod be suitable. They have nano and graphite series but the graphite series have a higher PE rating. which one should I get? I am looking at either the 7"8 or 8"0 popping rod.

For jigging, I am contemplating between their 350 or 450 rods. I already have a synit venom 250 and 450 so wanted something in between as the synit 250 cant really jig 250g jigs well... and I might want to have something heavier than my synit 450 to match my stella SW20000 with PE8 lines

will really be grateful for any comments.

thanks,.

George Relf

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Those rods do look interesting Dave but have not completed too much research on them. I guess if you could spare a few hundred to build the rod, you could surprise yourself.

Have you emailed Jane and Kil from Jignpop? They have great service and could maybe shed some light for you

Cheers

Dave Hoo

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
I emailed them but realized that they were closed on weekends.
I m currently in PA now so will wait for their reply and try to drive down on a wed or thur to visit their shop.

Don't mind trying out the blanks as I build rods as well

Just wanted to have some feedbacks before I buy more stuff. Already have 40rods / blanks at home so hbe to be careful...

Thanks n cheers

Jeff Larsen

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
I've fished both the 7'8" and 8'0" black hole popping rods here in Fiji and was very impressed.  Very good build quality and a great price point.

Dave Hoo

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
HI Jeff,
thanks for the reply.

Which would you recommend if I wanted to load PE8-10lines on a Stella SW18000 to chug 150-180g poppers like craftbait GT3 and hammerhead?

thanks

Tony Huynh

I found a youtube video of the 450g jigger in action. This may give you an idea on the action and bend of the rod.

Giant with 450g Black Hole Jigging Rod and JM PE7/8 Reel

Juan Sala

• Fusilier
  • Liked:

Enoch Li

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
When it comes to the 78 graphite version, think of the Ripple Fisher GTF79 Reversal.  The action is very similar with a bit more backbone.  Everything about it is similar but weights a tad less.  You can work lures up to 160g with it. 

For the 78 Nano I wouldn't try to catagorize it as a rod for working poppers.  Like the graphite version, and Fanta, they are more for stickbait applications.  Use poppers under 150g. 
This is rod is rated to PE7 and probably one of the softest rods out there. 
I've learned what I am really after
comes along with what is caught at the
end of my line...

Jeffry Chai

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
When it comes to the 78 graphite version, think of the Ripple Fisher GTF79 Reversal.  The action is very similar with a bit more backbone.  Everything about it is similar but weights a tad less.  You can work lures up to 160g with it. 

For the 78 Nano I wouldn't try to catagorize it as a rod for working poppers.  Like the graphite version, and Fanta, they are more for stickbait applications.  Use poppers under 150g. 
This is rod is rated to PE7 and probably one of the softest rods out there.
Hi Enoch,
How well does the 76graphite casting ability, compare to 79reversal???
Thanks,
Jeff

Enoch Li

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
I can say that although some rods are longer then others, whether it be a few inches or more, one cannot say the longer the rod the better casting.  I know that the 79R is 3 inches longer on paper but there are two things to consider:

1. The 7'6" nano/graphite blanks actually measure to be 7'8" - however completed rods should be true to length.
2. Depending on weight of lure the casting difference will vary.  I felt the two are about the same casting shibuki/dorado slider/pencil/shimano ocea minnow...etc, moderately more tip flex in the fanta.
Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 02:42:54 PM by Enoch Li
I've learned what I am really after
comes along with what is caught at the
end of my line...

Christoffer Hansen

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Hi Enoch,
               What action are the nano blanks. In particular the 8'0" nano as a dedicated stickbait rod. I like the fast action of the RF Ultimo with the soft tips. Would u compare the black hole blanks action to the ripple or is it more parabolic?
      Cheers Chris