Jarrod Plant

Re: yellowfin on popper
March 21, 2011, 08:57:13 PM
Recently started throwing a few poppers around the tweed reefs, cant believe i havent been doing this earlier. First few casts the other day raised a few GT's in about 25-30m, they were good fish of around the 90cm+ mark but missed the hooks, Was lots of boats out so they went quiet pretty quick, Another group of blokes in a glass centre console landed a sizable GT which looked to be around 20KG.

We ended up landing a small yellowfin and a couple of Macs which was better then nothing and good fun, also landed several other various tuna on the trawl home.

Cheers

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
March 21, 2011, 10:05:36 PM
Welcome to addictive world of casting poppers Jarrod :).

roderick walmsley

April 06, 2011, 09:40:39 PM
Peter

Funny you should talk about a marlin on a stickbait. I hooked one off the Tweed casting a Maria Stick bait for Gt's a few trips ago. The fish was about 70 to 80 kg and after a long screaming run eventually threw the stickbait while jumping straight at the boat. It was a memorable hook up even though we didnt land it. We have subsequebtly had another one follow a stick bait to the boat and a sailfish hit a popper several times withour hooking up. Quite amazing stuff for a heavily fished area!!!! The spanish are really starting to turn it on now with a few fish being landed over 20kg.

Cheers Rod

Andrew Wilson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 08, 2011, 11:30:30 AM
That's a nice makeral rod I bet he made u work hard!!! Keep em comming  :P

Shaun Raymond

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 27, 2011, 09:39:35 PM
They all seem to be a lot of fun on the poppers dont they, definetely an exciting way of fishing for your prefered species

Daniel Wong

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 01, 2011, 11:18:01 PM
Has anyone nailed a marlin on a popper?

Darren Douche

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 02, 2011, 12:04:16 AM
Got a sail on a stickbait and a marlin on jig!!