• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Japan most powerfull jigging rod .
June 05, 2011, 03:47:39 PM
Guys ,

MC Works SD4812EXX Limited Craft .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Allan Chan Hian Lian

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Japan most powerfull jigging rod .
June 05, 2011, 04:46:22 PM
Hi Jon, did you try it? Care to share it action & loading, guess price range will be in Fisherman class, right?
Cheers
Allanchl

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 05, 2011, 05:46:31 PM
Hi Jon, did you try it? Care to share it action & loading, guess price range will be in Fisherman class, right?
Cheers

Absolute broomstick but according to Mogi , it's used for ultra deep jigging and the stiffness is meant to impart lively action of the jig by jerking n without having to heave the rod . It is a " Limited Craft " rod from MC Works and does not appear in the website , price is around US$.1000.- n must be custom ordered which take 12+ months delivery .

Jon .
Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 05:51:10 PM by Jon Li
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Allan Chan Hian Lian

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 05, 2011, 08:26:50 PM
 WOW! maybe this rod is build for Arnold Schwarzenegger ;D ;D ;D
Allanchl

Tony Giang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 11, 2011, 05:19:09 PM
Would you be able to jig a kilo of lead with this rod?

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 11, 2011, 08:04:41 PM

On the rod , it is written , Jig Wt. : Minimum 500 gr. .

Jon .

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 11, 2011, 10:57:26 PM
Easily, I would think!

If it swims; I want to catch it!

Tony Giang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 12, 2011, 04:32:01 AM
I think you would have to hit the gym day in day out just to jig 500gms. Imagine what you have to go through just to jig a kilo of lead.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 12, 2011, 04:40:03 AM
I think you would have to hit the gym day in day out just to jig 500gms. Imagine what you have to go through just to jig a kilo of lead.

In Bali , 500 gr. jig is the minimum and during the bad day , 1 kg jig is needed while anything between 500 gr. to 1 kg is an everyday use .  :o

Jon .

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 12, 2011, 06:56:25 AM
I remember Ah Gu or Dave Irving telling me that they work the heavy jigs quite differently. That is, it is a much slower form of action. I can fully understand that - a jig that big is only useful as a paper weight!   ;D  :o
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Ben Furness

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 12, 2011, 09:26:38 AM
I have jigged up too 750g in Bali and it wasn't too bad. As long as you don't try it after 5 hours of popping it is quite fun.
The hardest bit is winding up 150m of line with 750g attached in 5 knot currents when moving spots!
Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 09:28:50 AM by Ben Furness

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 12, 2011, 01:31:23 PM
I remember Ah Gu or Dave Irving telling me that they work the heavy jigs quite differently. That is, it is a much slower form of action. I can fully understand that - a jig that big is only useful as a paper weight!   ;D  :o

I think it suffice to say this kind of rod is suitable for well conditioned guys under 30 year old , AhGu may be big but he is more into softer rod while his fishing buddy Mark Richards is into stiffer rod , both cant agree on the subject . There are a few different jigs , in ultra heavy application the center weighted jigs are favoured but Ben is right , winching heavy jig when moving spot is no fun .

Jon . 

Tony Giang

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 12, 2011, 02:44:42 PM
I have jigged up too 750g in Bali and it wasn't too bad. As long as you don't try it after 5 hours of popping it is quite fun.
The hardest bit is winding up 150m of line with 750g attached in 5 knot currents when moving spots!

I think anything over 500 grams is "Hardcore".
How long did you last jigging 3/4 kilo's?