Vincenzo Caccico

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help broken reels!
June 13, 2011, 07:22:13 PM
Hello guys sorry for my english but i am italian  :-\

I would like to know from you if you have the same problem i found in my last 2 years on my and my friends fishing reels used for Gt fishing and other species.

You can see the photo here http://wildfishinganglers.blogspot.com/2011/06/help-broken-reels.html

Please let me know you rels problems and your opinion!

Vincenzo

Vincenzo Caccico

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
Re: Help broken reels!
June 14, 2011, 10:47:30 PM
No one in this forum had some spinning reels problem?

Incredible! ;D

Vincenzo

Kasey Leong

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 17, 2011, 12:27:07 AM
Hi Vincenzo,

I have seen a feel reels break in the past - the picture of the bailarm breaking on the Saltiga GT is not uncommon. Sometimes the old Z-6000 also break at the reel stem, because of the 3 holes that they drill through it to save weight which as a result also weakens it. They seem to have fixed this problem somewhat with the Dogfight.

I have had a reel (not a Stella) shear like the picture you posted above - this is rare though. For me, it was because the guy who assembled it after servicing did not put a part back properly on the shaft.

This is the first time I have seen a whole chunk of the oscillating shaft come completely off though!  :o

Watashi wa kawaii scon class hetadesu bakadesu JooNya Poop Poop

Vincenzo Caccico

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 17, 2011, 01:21:44 AM
Yes is rare, this structural failure of new stella 18000 but it is the second time it's happen.

Someone :( told me that i can't use more than 100 lb line for GT popping, because the reel is not enouth strong to work with these hight setting drag........... WHAT? :o

So i am using the old one 10000 hg

Vincenzo

Vasko Dimoski

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 21, 2011, 05:29:40 PM
Hi Vincenzo what drag settings are you fishing with to do this damage and on what rod ?

Ralph Holland

June 22, 2011, 05:47:07 AM
What are your experiences with the Accurate Twinspin? I see you have one.