Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Drive Out Trip 12 June 2011
June 14, 2011, 09:05:04 AM
Clint:
This morning the weather was sure on our side the sun out it was looking to be a great start to the week. The anglers I had on my boat were very new to the sport so after a few lessons they were on their way. I found loads of bait and sexy ledges but couldn't find any GTs that wanted to play. One of my... guys was a keen flyfisherman and I snagged him a few reef fish so he was stoked to add some new species to his list. After midday my clients had planned to go for a dive which took up two hours and after and we went back on the hunt for GTs we raised a few in the first hour and couldn't find much more after that we went back to the flyfishing for some more reef fish. Nice to be out on the water let's see how
tomorrow unfolds with light winds predicted it could be a cracker.

Chris:
Well this morning was good to wake up to sun and 15knots of wind. Already in my mind I knew today was going to be a good day regardless of the fishing. I worked a couple of deep edges that looked so prime. There was a fair bit of bait but no fish. We boated our first one for the day at 12. Slow morning yes, but the afternoon session was great. We caught 4 nice sized GTs in all of an hour. The biggest around the 30kg mark. We filled in a bit of time on the light tackle catching long tail tuna which is such a great fighting fish on the light gear. Most around the 6-10kg mark. A few rainbow runners as well. Tomorrow is sure to be an even better day if the wind and weather stay on our side....

Glanville:- It was hard to believe that we were in the same place when we woke up this morning, that horrible rainy freezing cold howling windy weather had run away and let through with a glimmer of sunlight, my guys today were keen on a chilled out day so that's what we set off doing. The second place we stopped at was on fire and instant double hookup, we boated 1 a couple of casts down the ledge and another Gt was brought to the boat, another few casts and an absolute horse climbed all over the popper leaving a small explosion on the surface, the fish would have been bigger than 40kg and after a fair fight it bust us off in true fashion, we also had a monster trout engulf our popper but was a little unlucky not to stick, the guys soon decided that the Gt gear was a little heavy so we stopped for a tea break on the flats and managed to puzzle a few trout and redthroats. The after lunch session was another hot little bight and we had numerous GTs coming up and at the end of the day we managed to put 8 Gt in the boat and a mixed bag of other fish consisting of trout, redthroats, mackerel and gold spots, with a good forecast for the next few days I'm looking forward to hunting down a couple of fish tomorrow.

Alex- Not a bad start to the day, first cast a nice GT. However this I have found in the past to be a bit of a bad omen, and we took a long time to get the next one. While the GTs were not playing the game we slayed the reefies and long toms on light gear. I think we ended up boating 20 longtoms today, I know some people hate these little marlin but on light gear I can't stop laughing when they greyhound like marlin, if only they grew to 50kg. We found some more fish in the afternoon as well as a few Spanish. Not a bad day and the fishing is heating up so tomorrow should be good.