Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Drive Out Trip 13 June 2011
June 20, 2011, 08:49:05 AM
Drive Out Trip 13 June 2011:

Glanville:- We woke up this morning with flat calm conditions and an excited crew ready to attack the ocean we set out today with big plans and had some amazing experiences, there was a section in the day where there was non stop surface action and it seemed everywhere we looked there were fish exploding out of the water, we somehow manage to be in the middle of the carnage for a moment and it was game on first up we had a gt crash a popper with its back out of the water then seconds later had a 20-25kg Spaniard fully airborne on a goby then only metres from the boat another gt smashed the last popper available, unbelievable action somehow in the craziness on the deck we managed to land the first gt and the horse of a Spaniard but the 3rd managed to steer clear of the hooks, a fantastic day on the water and it seemed that we were constantly in the action, looking forward to another day on a calm ocean tomorrow, gotta love it....

Clint: Conditions were wonderful this morning with a run out tide.I started off doing some light tackle stuff as the reef I was on was thick with good size gold spots bubbling on the surface willing to hit anything that came in their path. After that we hit up the G Bangers Joe a young kid on the trip was putting the stick shad on the money getting plenty of bites but could not connect. We finally hooked one after many more missed bites a fish of 25kg that launched out of the water to smash the popper. We did some light tackle stuff for a mixed bag of reef fish the boys were stoked to be getting a variety of fish. The rest of the day we saw plenty more Gbangers but could not connect. The fish are here they just need to eat a little harder and it could be game on. I'm feeling it for tomorrow.

Chris:- Well another cracker day of weather and a cracker day of fishing. We had another slow morning to start off with up until midday only seeing the one GT of around the 25kg mark. We fished lots of bommies that were copping nice current but just no love on them. I decided then and there it was time for a big move. I moved further north to the new anchorage where I found some sneaky shoals and bommies that weren't on my maps. Pretty much each each shoal and bommie was home to a pack of GTs I think in about an hour and a half we caught 8 fish biggest of around the 32kg mark we saw at least 15 or more fish but couldn't keep the hooks in em. After that the guys were tired and decided to get into the long tail tuna which were schooling in the current there great fun on the light tackle...