Boy vs Arapaima!

Sami Ghandour

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My son's catch
June 26, 2011, 10:15:05 PM
Congrtas!
seems to follow the steps of his father  :)

Ralph Holland

July 01, 2011, 03:37:05 AM
Great pictures and catches! Those arapaimas are very rare fish in this days.

Chris Tan

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
July 01, 2011, 10:23:34 AM
Thanks guys!

Rare in the wild but abundant in this stocked pond. Reportedly around 100 of them in this small place. So its a guarenteed catch in this pond in BKK.

Geoff Volter

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
July 01, 2011, 11:00:37 AM
Hi Chris, what can you catch them on in this pond? lures, flies? Is there anything else to catch there? Do they get fed or is there enough naturally occurring food?

I am thinking of taking my wife to thailand in oct this year and want some day trip options. I am not too fussy and this looks like fun.

Chris Tan

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
July 01, 2011, 11:19:25 AM
Hey Geoff, besides arapiamas, there are numerous types of catfish like the redtail catfish - very good fighters.

We mainly used the guide's lures which work very well. Small rubber lures work too. They do get fed once in the morning and once in the evening with 3 small nets of live tilapias and the fish get into a frenzy when that happens and that's the best time to catch them. They continue to take lures till around 1pm when things get real slow till late afternoon.

There's a restaurant on site and you get really good Thai food, esp the tom yam and Singha beer ofcourse.

Its a small pond but enough amenities to keep everyone satisfied for a day's trip.

Pm me if you're keen and I'll send you the guide's details.

Hi Chris, what can you catch them on in this pond? lures, flies? Is there anything else to catch there? Do they get fed or is there enough naturally occurring food?

I am thinking of taking my wife to thailand in oct this year and want some day trip options. I am not too fussy and this looks like fun.