Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Drive Out 15 June 2011
June 20, 2011, 09:10:54 AM
Glanville:- I didn't think it was possible when I left Odyssey this morning to start a new day fishing and to try to comprehend catching as many fish as we did yesterday but it happened the fishing was insane we started off fairly slow and were trying to find fish on my least favourite tide, end of the run in the water was milky all over and we didn't see many fish at all until about 9:30 when I decided that we were going to have a small tea break and reassess the situation, after that it seemed as though all ducks were in a row with a freshly charged crew raging to catch fish... first cast on this shoal and we had an instant double hook up which consisted of a 40kg black GT and a smaller one unfortunately the bigger fish got away, but that's alright cause the rest of the day we couldn't go wrong we landed 15 GTs and had some amazing action on the lighter gear with some quality size gold spots and shark mackerel we landed an 8kg goldspot on the light gear on the last cast of the day.

Clint:The day started of pretty quick after 10 minuets we hooked and landed our first GT. After that we saw plenty of packs of black fish wanting to eat the poppers. We were fishing some real nifty water out on the great barrier reef. We had a good midday session boating two nice fish and hooking a big cuda that went airborne which a young kid of 16 years old landed it went 30kg he was stoked. In the arvo we did light tackle for plenty of red throat and coral trout. The boys went and walked on a nice shell/coral island it was a great way to finish the week.

Alex- We pulled out the first cast fish again today. Then missed another on the next cast. From there is was a bit of a slow patch until we hit some nice mayhem patches but missed a few good fish. The mackerel were out in force today and it's always good to see some 15-20kg fish doing some skyrockets. The afternoon session saw us boat 4 fish in about 10 min then miss some more before going for a run to find more fish. We just ran out of time and left them biting. We ended up with 10 nice gts and missed loads more as well as mackerel and longtails to burn.