Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Drive Out 18 June 2011
June 20, 2011, 09:15:55 AM
Peter: Good day today a little slow on the GTs from our side but the few
we did get were good size. There never seemed to be a dull moment. At one stage we dropped soft plastics and caught many different species from sweet lip, golden travelley, trout, chinnamon and cod. On our travels we stumbled across a good school of long tail tuna it was on for young and Rachel. All in all a fantastic day's fishing

Alex- We had a flyer out of the blocks today. Missed a fish first cast, boated one 3rd cast and everyone had boated a nice GT within the first half hour. We had a few other missed fish and I thought the flood gates had opened. We then had a bit of a run to the next reef and had some awesome blue hole action, crystal clear water with some great visual takes, unfortunately the fish found the reef 3 times in a row. We then saw a fish on most spots we stopped at and just kept pulling hooks until a nice little flurry in the afternoon where we got another 5 fish in fairly quick time. The weather is looking great for the next few days so be prepared for some serious action.

Glanville:- Considering the icy cheeky conditions we had a great time today we started off the day on a small light tackle plastic mission catching a few redthroats and some trout and in between them were blessed with a couple of cracker goldspots on the light gear, we then did some blue hole hunting which paid off unbelievably we managed to sight fish a GT in the shallows of around the 27kg, it felt like we were hunting some skittish wild animal but we managed to stalk just in range and fire off a perfect shot and let me tell you something the take was unreal, once the fish saw the lure it just mowed it down...man you gotta love the bad attitude that GTs have makes them that much more exciting to catch, we managed to knock over a few decent fish and along with them a 30kg cuda and some nice mackerel.

Clint: It started of quite slow in the morning, I was on some really nice water but could not find any fish that wanted eat. Then for some reason a ledge that was like all the others that I had fished, this one had stacks of Gts on it pack attacks and loads of single fish out of all the fish we saw we only boated two it was great to see some action. We did some like tackle for a heap of shark mackerel. The run out tide we saw lots a Gts for three more boated fish. It was a great way to start the charter considering the windy conditions. I can feel the fish want to eat I think tomorrow is going to go offffff.