Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Drive Out Trip 20 June 2011
June 21, 2011, 08:04:41 AM
Drive Out Trip 20 June 2011:

Glanville:- another insane day of fishing....SUNSHINE, GLASS OUT CONDITIONS AND 22 GT TO THE BOAT....what more can you say!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter: I can't tell you how pleasant it was this morning waking up to no
wind and a blue sky. The day started off looking like it was going to be a cracker of a day on the GT side of things. We saw so many fish up until the turn of the tide that it started to get frustrating that we couldn't connect and the fish that we did manage to hook seemed to be short lived. We managed to get a few nice GTs in the boat and a couple of nice trout on the light gear, which made the chef very happy. All in all it's always a good day's fishing when you're in such a beautiful location.

Clint: This morning was picture perfect on the water and the first location I fished was true postcard stuff aqua blue water loaded with bommies and a slight current rolling through them. We had a lot of visually spectacular takes here, pulled the hooks from many fish and boated two it was still an awesome morning. In the afternoon we did some light tackle and fished a spot with the run out tide trickling into a deep hole we pulled three absolute cracker spangled emperors  and a big coral trout I had to leave unfortunately as the water on the reef was getting too low. As soon as we made it to the pressure edge we landed a cracker fish that went 32kg Ian was so stoked. We fished the ledge for plenty more explosive takes and three more landed Gts. It was a great day and stunning on the water.

Alex: It was an awesome sight waking up this morning seeing glassy calm conditions. We had an amazing day's fishing. There were just too many crazy sights and too much good action to talk about. We started off hitting some nice little bommies and saw fish on every one, then found a little shaol half way in the middle of nowhere to have a pack of fish on each lure. Then when we got to the next spot bait everywhere and fish on each school.
My favourite fish we got today was slowly drifting between bait schools when I saw a couple of fins and shapes milling around a bit deeper and it was a pack of gts, one perfect cast and this fish absolutely engulfed the popper in crystal clear water.
We had 13gts by lunch and spent the next hour drifting around on the reef flats just taking in what a special day we were having.
The next few hours we saw some crazy action but it was a hook pulling fest.
We saw heaps of fish and ended up with 18gts for the day. The weather and fishing were both awesome and it was just a pleasure to be out on the water.