Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Drive Out Trip 21 June 2011
June 22, 2011, 10:03:39 AM
Peter:-   What a cracker of a day yet again. The guys I had on the boat were
hungry for some GTs so the whole day was planned around purely fishing heavy tackle for them. The whole day we were seeing fish at one stage we had at least 15 swimming under the boat which created a moment of chaos amongst the guys and I even found myself frothing at the mouth stinging to through a line out myself. We ended up boating 18 GTs for the day some of which had some really nice size about them. Not to mention losing the biggest fish of the day on a rod breaking - spewing!!! Tomorrow's gonna be fantastic can't wait.

Clint:-.Condition wise it was another perfect morning to wake up to and the fishing that went with it was just the same.The tide started to slowly push in this morning and at first I found it hard to find a spot with good current but as the tide started to roll the bait began to pack hard on the edges and right there with them were masses of GTs. It really is hard to remember all the specifics from the day but a combination of double hook-ups, fish launching out for poppers and GTs eating lures under the boat made it such an awesome day. We ended up with 10 fish for the day with just as many solid hook-ups and busted off lures. For the day I think we saw at least 40 Gts have as swipe at lures. A crazy day! Pumped for tomorrow.

Alex- Another awesome day today. We had great weather conditions and good morale early on. The bait was everywhere but the fish were a bit finicky, only having one chance from a huge pack of fish. We kept on trucking and managed a few fish with a lot of pulled hooks. Then we had a nice lunch break with fusies busting up all around us in mill pond conditions, it was good entertainment watching the food chain in action. The afternoon session was unbelievable. We started off by getting one fish on heaps of little bommies and having the usual missed fish and pulled hook affair. Then we found a great looking ledge and had absolute carnage for about an hour and a half. We could have easily boated 20+ fish in this time but luck was not on our side but some of the takes were amazing and that's whats it's about. These fish did not just want to eat the poppers they wanted to murder them, packs of fish fighting over each popper and you just knew when the popper hit the right spot you were in for a spectacular show. We had some crazy bust offs and eventually managed to land some including one nice 34kg fish and on the last cast of the day another of 30 with a final tally of 18GTs.
We then had a run back to Odyssey and cruising across glass calm conditions with a spectacular Coral Sea sunset was a great way to top off our unreal afternoon of fishing.

Glanville:- another amazing day out on the water today with glass out conditions, my guys were just out to catch a few fish and that's exactly what we did, we had a very relaxed vibe on the boat, well that was until I suggested to one of the guys to have a cast with a GT ice cream the pack of fish that came up and obliterated the skipping surface lure was just insane we were staring down the throat of 2 x 25kg GTs that were fully airborne in an attempt to crash the lure...and a bent rod followed by a decent GT in the boat for a few pictures, this routine happened on numerous occasions and I think I'm going to be dreaming of staring down a big GTs throat tonight, we ended the day with a food order from the chef and put 2 minnows behind the boat for a troll which resulted in a double hook up straight away and Spaniard on the bbq for dinner, can't go wrong, another calm day forecast for tomorrow, can you get any better!!!