Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: DHL - aarrgghh!!!
June 23, 2011, 09:08:37 PM
On the flip side, I had a customer who insisted on using DHL to ship his order, I tried to convince him other wise. In the end I shipped through DHL and it cost him a small fortune which he paid for. I will not use them again! bad service, not on time for pickups etc

Mark Gwynne

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
June 23, 2011, 09:31:30 PM
Check out Denis Braids post here. I had no issues with DHL through Kilsong but they sound terrible!
Maybe I was lucky

http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f3/shipping-question-9101/index2.html

Earl Hamilton

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
June 24, 2011, 12:44:56 AM
My biggest recurring nightmare-I have tried all the big three, Fedex, DHL, UPS and get these inspection charges from all three, every time plus a customs handling fee and various documentation fees, I must add this is the Philippines where other modes of courier  or postal service id exremely unreliable. By unreliable I mean lost or 6-9 months delivery to the post office where you have to go and pick up the item and pay processing fees and customs after a 2-3 hour wait and a 2 hour drive . I even have to pay an extra fee for shipping on Fridays??? go figure. For a while UPS seemed to be the best, and then? I shipped my gear more than 2 weeks ahead for my 2 week
Elusive/Frederick  Nomad trip last year. I spent hours on the phone with the UPS account manager trying to get the right papers to ship to Oz without incurring import taxes on the value of the shipment, with the value being well over $25,000(allowable tax exempt value at the time was $950)-because I have already paid all the taxes when I bought/shipped the gear to my home, and the gear was not for sale in Oz and I was bringing it home with me at the end of the trip, plus I wanted it insured for the correct value. The stuff eventually arrived at Mcay 2 months later because, Oz customs had seized the shipment for query as the items were marked "Personal effects-Fishing Tackle". I had no clothes for the trip apart from my over night stuff, and 90% most of my fishing gear was with Oz customs. I did have my popping and jig rods, but no reels, all my fly gear, accessories and terminals etc not there for my trip-and the gear had to make the return tripback to the Philippines with the same taxing problems there. You can't imagine what I said when my gear did not arrive despite some mighty efforts from friends, Nomad and a shipping agent that we put on the case. Oz customs would not budge, even with corrected papers.
The stuff was eventually shipped back via a different independent courier for about $200 with no further problems. UPS are trying to charge me nearly $2000 for their efforts, as they say it was not their fault(they advised me on the papers and wording-as did Oz customs? UPS is still waiting for payment, but they're not giving up yet, nor will I. Sadly it seems we are stuck at the mercy with these inhuman, unyielding excuses for a service to the public
The trip with Nomad was a great screaming success, but not having my gear did spoil things somewhat to begin with. Damon and company where very sympathetic and accomodating and made a sad situation good.

Graham Blackmore

• Fusilier
  • fisherman first diver second
  • Liked:
June 24, 2011, 02:23:23 AM
Earl use your mate in HKG ;)

As for others - suggest you tell them its paid.  Then when they ask for clarification you send them a letter saying you will be charging a consulting fee of $500 for investigating payment which they can't track and will only proceed once you receive cleared funds.  I have done it in Asia and UK when they deliver and then ask for funds afterwards - oh my how sweet it is to get one over those shit bags!
Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:58:48 AM by Graham Blackmore

Sachin Chaudhry

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 24, 2011, 07:34:46 PM
Fedex or nothing

Alex Jordan

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 25, 2011, 02:01:53 AM

Brock Arifovic

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
June 25, 2011, 06:43:45 PM
It helps when you have friends in the different postage companies. Never paid for any international items of postage.

No custom fees here.

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
June 27, 2011, 09:29:12 AM
........and another invoice from DHL in this mornings mail for another $47.30.......I don't think so!

Jason D'Angelo

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 07, 2011, 06:03:00 PM
ay fellas, what are youse purchasing that they are giving these fees for.
i purchased $450 last night from JDM tackle with feww metal lures and stick baits and split rings solid rings and hooks and having chosen the DHL shipping.

now that im reading these comments hope i dont recieve no bullcrap invoice after it. i ahve never bought from jdm
but has any of youse with any issues here. i live in SA
Pain is Temporary, Glory is forever.

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
July 07, 2011, 07:17:49 PM
Jas, my last order was rods from JDM, chances are, if it's being delivered by DHL you've got a 50/50 chance of receiving a follow up invoice from my experience....I reckon there must be a story about DHL, black cats and Chinamen somewhere!. 

It does depend on what's listed in the packing slip to a certain degree, my last delivery included a couple of Smith "jack knife" jigs - this would have been like a red rag to a bull to the customs guys! 
It helps if the person preparing the packing slip is a bit more 'import savy' so to speak!

I think any long metal jig is going to look like a weapon to the average X-ray attendant.

If it hasn't been shipped yet, you might ask them to tone down the language a little on the packing slip, lest the rest of the staff will be invited over for the unveiling!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
July 07, 2011, 07:21:47 PM
Just don't buy JDM. Plenty of sponsors here to to help you out :)

Even 2 local onces  8) ;)

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
July 07, 2011, 07:26:58 PM
........you sell "jack knifes" Luke?

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
July 07, 2011, 07:33:22 PM
........you sell "jack knifes" Luke?

We (Gara) don't Peter, but I believe Fish Head does.

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
July 07, 2011, 07:36:02 PM
Nice.....interstate weaponry!

Jason D'Angelo

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 07, 2011, 08:02:28 PM
yeh thanks for the heads up fellas, im new to the site as im in South australia i wouldnt have even heard of the sponsors so now i no cheers,
i only bought few tackle house brits, few duel adagaio lures and few smith runboh then just owner hooks and tackle only weighd 3lb
Pain is Temporary, Glory is forever.