Ladd Yoshimura

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: DHL - aarrgghh!!!
July 13, 2011, 06:54:10 AM
Anything happening to those of you who just ignored DHL's custom duty invoice?  I've been ignoring mine and has past due. :P

Robert Tapert

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 13, 2011, 01:55:43 PM
I live in NZ and have been waiting for a package from Nomad in Australia for almost a month. It got caught in customs and had the following charges. 15% GST. Plus a biosecurity  charge because the lures contained wood of $18 dollars plus 15% GST on the Biosecurity  charge plus a special handling fee of $7.50.  Too top it all off a  Customs lost  the paper work and the shipper had people out with  the flu  for over a week and could not track the paperwork or package down at customs.  After numerous calls and emails  I have been promised that  DHL will deliver it tomorrow.  I am keeping my  fingers crossed. they  have my  money  and my  goods.

Graham Stevenson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 13, 2011, 06:16:49 PM
Robert - interested that you got a biosecurity charge.
Travel between NZ and Australia regularly on fishing trips and bring back lures all the time. Declare them and the fact i have been fishing and then patiently explain to Customs that i have been sea fishing and the lures are wooden and they wave me through without looking !

Robert Tapert

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 13, 2011, 09:08:30 PM
Graham

I  have brought rods,  lures, reels and all types of fishing equipment into NZ over the years as luggage but this shipment seemed doomed.  I am waiting to see that  it gets in my  hand to  ask about the bio security charge and the GST charge on the bio security charge!  Yet  i  received s shipment yesterday of mainly used wood lures from Japan and there was no issue and never got hung up anywhere.    Go Figure..

Graham Stevenson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 14, 2011, 08:43:05 AM
Pleased to see that NZ Customs are consistently inconsistent.

Glenn Travis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 18, 2011, 07:52:09 PM
So all in all if you just ignore the $47.50 charge from DHL, they wont actually come round knocking on your door asking for the money. It will all get brushed under the carpet??

Peter Morris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 18, 2011, 08:08:21 PM
Glen the lady I once spoke to said it wasnt even worth here time on the phone...and she removed the fee.

So I can hardly imagine they will send the debt collectors around.

Pete

Glenn Travis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 19, 2011, 10:01:11 PM
Cheers Peter

Graham Blackmore

• Fusilier
  • fisherman first diver second
  • Liked:
July 21, 2011, 05:57:56 PM
They delivered without your agreement for the charge - I would think they have no legal basis for a case.

George Relf

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 22, 2011, 02:24:26 PM
They delivered without your agreement for the charge - I would think they have no legal basis for a case.

Unfortunately in the world that we live in, there is always a case for legal action  :( Instead of just leaving it (they already know your details etc) why don't you call them and act inhonest. At least it'll clear your conscious  :)

Lee Margrave

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 09, 2011, 10:39:37 AM
DHL isn't alone.. I'm in the US and recently recieved a rod from AU.. Fishead sent the rod, very quickly I might add. but about 10 days later TNT sent me a bill for some $92.00 . It is frustrating . yeah aarrgghh and some other words come to mind.