Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Product availability update - Coral Viper
February 02, 2012, 01:38:54 AM
Tak, if you happen to be in touch with Konish San tell him I would love to purchase one of the handles off the +2 inch proto-type CV's in the videos you posted or even a version of the proto-type +2" CV. I have long been hoping that Carpenter would bring out a 7'11" version of the CV 79/40 since they first came out, it's my favorite GT rod of all time.

Hi Andrew,

This will be orderring part of custom rod and will cost similar to what Jon mentioned. If you are interesting to modify your existing handle, it will be cheaper option I think.

I'll ask about this prototype rod but I don't think he is still testing this rod.

Cheers,
Tak

Andy Rowe

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
February 02, 2012, 05:55:59 PM
Hi Jon, thanks for the info., .....I think I have all the "other items" :-[ :-[ ???

Hi Tak, I have thought about this modification option in the past, the aluminium handle extension such as on the  SP710H seems to work but it is a weighty option. Apart from golf handle extensions which I think may be not suitable for heavy tackle rods such as this, do you reccomend any other options? just out of interest.

Thanks
Andy

Andrew ,

Gonna cost you approx 1/3 the price of a whole rod for the handle alone , Takai-san bought one for his DJ83ML and the cost from Carpenter was around US$. 350.- sent to Takai-san house in Hokkaido . I think your SP78EX-H handle will serve you well at the moment and spend the money for other items .

Jon .
Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 06:01:39 PM by Andy Rowe
Set the ray to GeeT

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
February 02, 2012, 10:12:15 PM
Hi Tak, I have thought about this modification option in the past, the aluminium handle extension such as on the  SP710H seems to work but it is a weighty option. Apart from golf handle extensions which I think may be not suitable for heavy tackle rods such as this, do you reccomend any other options? just out of interest.

Sorry not really Andrew. Some rod builder who does this kind of things on regular bases may know better.

Cheers,
Tak

Peter Olesen

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
April 26, 2012, 06:53:59 PM
Hi Tak

Do you have any idea when the next production of the CV79/40 is finished? Do you think it will hit the market in the US?

Best regards,
Peter
"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter." Mark Twain

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 26, 2012, 08:46:36 PM
Hi Peter,

I'm not really sure at this stage but won't be earlier than late this year or early next year.

Once Carpenter runs production, availability will be depending on each dealer rather than Carpenter.

Cheers,
Tak

Hi Tack

Do you have any idea when the next production of the CV79/40 is finished? Do you think it will hit the market in the US?

Best regards,
Peter

Peter Olesen

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
April 26, 2012, 08:50:10 PM
Hi Tak

Thank you for your reply.

By the way: Sorry for not spelling your name correctly in the first post.

/Peter
"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter." Mark Twain

Tak Otsuka

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
April 26, 2012, 09:05:24 PM
No problems Peter. I think spell checker changed my name incorrectly not you :D

Hi Tak

Thank you for your reply.

By the way: Sorry for not spelling your name correctly in the first post.

/Peter

Tony Warnett

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 24, 2012, 12:46:56 AM
Coral Viper in Action Exmouth last month.
Awsome Rod.