Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: jigging hooks
March 31, 2007, 02:51:55 PM
Neil, what size Sergent JS-1 do you think I should have on my Lazer Pro 190s, I think I have 6/0 on the lure which looked OK but I would have to check [boat moored MYC], maybe they had nothing to do with why I lost the fish which seemed truly hooked and fighting [that's fishing].
 Iv'e  been replacing some trebles for singles for many years now, mainly the bottom hook. At a JT Fri night special I saw how you were using the Decoys on some Giant Tremblers and think it's a good way to go.
 GPB
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Neil

April 02, 2007, 09:04:55 AM
Laser Pro 190's seem to sit right in the middle between 6/0 and 8/0. I'm normally happy to run two 6/0's, but it's ok the run 6/0 on the belly and 8/0 at rear. I guess it's fair to say that not all hooked fish will be landed but the number of drop offs you mentioned seems unusual, hope you didn't buy a lotto ticket that day!!

Neil

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 02, 2007, 01:23:22 PM
I just got some of the new Owner SJ-51s in the mail. Bloody hell - they are of an even stronger guage than the Jobus!! How the hell is a little whimp like me ever going to drive a hook like that home?!  ???
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 02, 2007, 01:49:02 PM
Can't put them on a 200grm jig huh!!
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 02, 2007, 01:52:05 PM
uh yeah -  they probably weigh as much as the 200g jig!
Have you seen them yet? They're like really savage - unbelievable guage on them. I'm going to tie them up on some zylon and attach them to my biggest stickbaits
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Chris Wong

May 12, 2007, 10:41:44 AM
Nobody tried the Gamakatsu Tuned hooks for jigging?  These are super strong and sharp as you would expect.  Since I tie all my own assist hooks, these hooks are exactly what I need.  I'd insert an image if I can work out how to do it without having to upload to another server!

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
May 12, 2007, 10:59:45 AM
Nobody tried the Gamakatsu Tuned hooks for jigging?  These are super strong and sharp as you would expect.  Since I tie all my own assist hooks, these hooks are exactly what I need.  I'd insert an image if I can work out how to do it without having to upload to another server!

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.

When you post - there is an "Additional Options" section just below the text input box - there is a section to upload pictures there.