Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Lagoon Explorer 14 July 2011
July 15, 2011, 09:35:14 AM
Glanville:- We started off today a little more interesting than normal...we had the guys fly out on choppers today which was amazing, we got in the boats and headed out to catch some fish my guys were keen on a mixed bag of fish so we began with a little light tackle and didn't go very far before we had the first rods bending, we got stuck into a few decent size mackerel and some goldspots which was very entertaining, we sat down for a lunch and after that got stuck into some GT fishing, it took us 5 casts and we had our first fish in the boat, after that things slowed down a little but we managed to come through in the end, Mat had the beast come up and destroy his popper a 38-40kg specimen, and that's not the best, it was his first GT ever...

Peter:   Today we started fishing mid morning with the wind in our favour.
The guys were keen to nail a couple of GTs for the day, with the run out tide starting to push when we left things were starting to look good. I stopped at the 1st spot not far from the mothership and had a demonstration cast and managed to hook a GT first cast. After that I knew it was going to be game time and sure enough it was. The GTs were vermin up until just after lunch seeing 1 every 3rd or so casts. We managed to get a double hook up on GTs, lost a rod overboard and managed to retrieve it again and land both the fish, all I can say is bloody amazing and entertaining!!!!
Throughout the day we saw many GTs and unfortunately lost many aswell which made it entertaining for all of us throughout the day. We boated 9 GTs for the day which was a great result for the 1st day's fishing of the new charter. I cant wait to see what the guys are in for the rest of the trip!!!

Clint: I was pumped to get on the water with light winds and the first day with new clients. It was not before long fishing the first spot for GTs one of our lures got smashed only to miss the fish. Soon after a big swirl behind a lure was followed by a solid hook up. It was Andrew's biggest fish ever and he was stoked a GT of 28kg. He was a bit on a role and a little bit further up the ledge he got a another nice GT. I moved to another ledge and Chris hooked a GT it was going nuts as a big shark was chasing it. Not able to get the fish in quick enough after a couple a quick runs and thumping pulls the shark grabbed the GT taking everything only to get the leader back. We went to chase Spanish at a spot I really like and got one soon after the lures hit the water. The ledge looked good for light tackle also and we got some nice coral trout off it. We had one good look from a GT and then Chris hooked a massive fish on the light tackle I called it for a GT. After a long nervous fight we got a look at it and it was no Gt but a huge Spanish. It was a monster 30kg on light tackle and no wire what an increadible effort. The day was getting on and caught a heap of red throat to finish the day. A nice way to end a jam packed day.   

Nick:- Watching those helicopters land out on the reef today was really spectacular! We were all raring to go with the sun blazing and flat seas, we had a long run ahead of us today to make it to our first anchorage so we decided to get the running over and done with in the beginning and get down to the fishing. The first stop we stopped at we had pack after pack of GTs come up smashing the lures which always gets the blood pumping for sure! And to top things off this morning we managed to land a nice 25 kilo plus spanish on a stickbait. Things started to slow a little with the tide so we decided to drop some plastics and catch a feed with redthroats and cod making up most of the catch and a few unstoppables! All smiles at the end of the day and I hope the wind doesn't blow too hard tomorrow.

David East

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT TIME!