Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Lagoon Explorer 18 July 2011
July 22, 2011, 05:25:11 PM
Peter: As the boat moved anchorages north today we fished our way to the new anchorage. The first stop for us was at little bugatti reef. The edge looked amazing for GTs, we saw at least 15 on the edge but never managed to stay connected. As we moved further north we kept seeing at least 1or 2 GTs on every stop but they just didn't seem to be eating. So light tackle seemed to be a good option for a while and it seemed to be very productive. We got stuck into loads of reef critters, tuna, bludger and sharkey mackerel. With the last 2 hours of the day upon us we decided to hunt for a GT again and managed to hook over around 7 and got 4 bust offs out of all the mayhem we only boated 2 in the end. All in all a steady day's fishing.

Clint: Had to work hard in the morning to find GTs that wanted to bite they seemed to have lock jaw. The one we did find was a great fight as it was hooked around a series of small bombies and did want to leave its home making Aiden's life very difficult. After that things got a bit better and we started to see more fish and land a couple more. The light tackle was next on the list and I went to one of my favourite spots in the area a serious of small bombies  mixed in with sandy bottom. It did not disappoint and the boys had a great time on the red throat  good size spangled emperor, gold spot and a massive red bass ha just kidding it was the smallest one I had ever seen about 25cm. All in all a fun day on the water.