Byron Ford

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
trips almost here, what to buy????
July 22, 2011, 06:17:15 PM
hi guys back again with a few questions, my trip is only a few months away now, an since i last spoke to you guys about what rod an if my saragosa 18000 was up to the job i have been buy things bit by bit, i have bought the shimano t curve GT specail as most of u recomended it as a good start off rod, i have also bought a stella 20k, i know the 18k is better for popping with the quicker retrive but after speaking to a few other guys i jig with thay recomend to go for the 20k then i can use it for my heavy jig reel aswell,

now the qestion on what poopers to buy, an also stick baits, or should i give the stick baits a miss with this rod??? i have bought a few here an there already over the past few months,2 x halco roosta 195, R2S wide glid,R2S doggie 168,R2S rover 230,fish head 130, aohek bazi stick bait, i know these are the bottom of the price scale but now i want to start filly the tackle bag an need to know what poppers an sticks you guys recomend???? so an names will be a big help

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: trips almost here, what to buy????
July 22, 2011, 06:21:50 PM
If your starting out and looking to buy some poppers on a budget you can't really go past any of the choices in the heru/blackjack/nomad range. I don't think there would be many GT fisherman who haven't had these in their lure bag at some point. The location of trip would be useful for more specific recommendations.

Byron Ford

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 22, 2011, 06:28:10 PM
If your starting out and looking to buy some poppers on a budget you can't really go past any of the choices in the heru/blackjack/nomad range. I don't think there would be many GT fisherman who haven't had these in their lure bag at some point. The location of trip would be useful for more specific recommendations.

im off to aitutaki(cook island) been there plenty of times as i have family there an caught a few small GT but never had the right gear to get right in to them, i know thay are there as family friend that runs a charter boat says there demands from us fisho's has really picked up in the past few years

cheers

Paul de Bruijn

July 22, 2011, 06:31:07 PM
Unfortunately I haven't been able to use them yet, as my trip fell through last year: I hear good things about Orion.
I can say: they look great, now for me it's only a matter of starting to use them! (Which is pretty useless here in Holland... :D )

Byron Ford

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 22, 2011, 06:37:43 PM
just going over another post, about the T curve gt specail, an what im reading is the rod aint up to the job?? is this right? an is there another GT specail?? if so please explain...an sorry if this comes across an dumb, an i know i should have reserched alot better but i just asked the guy at my local tackle shop for a gt specail for my popping trip an that is what he gave me....

feeling pretty gutted an dumb right now lol

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
July 22, 2011, 06:39:52 PM
just going over another post, about the T curve gt specail, an what im reading is the rod aint up to the job?? is this right? an is there another GT specail?? if so please explain...an sorry if this comes across an dumb, an i know i should have reserched alot better but i just asked the guy at my local tackle shop for a gt specail for my popping trip an that is what he gave me....

feeling pretty gutted an dumb right now lol

The GT special is more than capable. I'm not sure that I understand your question though? Are you saying the one that the tackle store sold you isn't the Shimano T Curve GT Special?

Byron Ford

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 22, 2011, 06:45:23 PM
sorry please forgive me just reread the other post again an the guy asked if the t curve revalotion was up to the job, in which another member replys no but the gt specail is.... need to read thing clearer before i worry myself

Byron Ford

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 22, 2011, 11:25:36 PM
 also best places to buy my poppers will be a great help

Paul de Bruijn

July 27, 2011, 09:09:17 PM
Byron, based on my personal experience both

http://orionlure.free.fr/

and

http://www.adhek.net/

are very reliable, with swift delivery, great communication and great products.