Karl Nelson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Stickbait
July 28, 2011, 09:50:44 AM
Hi all,
           Have any of you used the nomad Ulua 200?
What are your thoughts on this stickbait?
  Ive used the 120 in the past and personally think it is great, just not sure if the 200 size will perform similar.
Any opinions would be grate.

Regards

Karl

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
Re: Stickbait
July 28, 2011, 08:57:31 PM
Awesome lure.... the first out my bag and onto a leader in most situations where big fish are your target....

Just be sure you have a rod that can handle it, cause the difference between a rigged 120gram and rigged 200 gram is alot...

To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Karl Nelson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
July 29, 2011, 06:38:54 PM
Thanks Andre for the reply.   
  Seems to be that your the only one that dose use this stickbait though.
Are they comparable to a gamma 200?

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
July 29, 2011, 09:44:30 PM
Hi Karl,

I'm defintely not the only one using these Stickbaits, I'm pretty sure most GT anglers have a good few Heru/Nomad/Darkstar Ulua Stickbaits in their tackle bags, as they are very proven lures, that produce fish, and are available at a great price point compared with your higher end offerings like Gammas etc...
Most folks here prefer to discuss lures of higher price point it seems...

Not sure if you can compare the Gamma to the Ulua... but I know that the Gamma, while one of the most highly sought after GT lures on the planet, and also the most successful, is also not the easiset lure to fish, as its an incredibly finely tuned lure, that takes alot of skill and practice to get it swimming perfectly...

The Ulua on the other hand, is a very easy lure to fish, and very forgiving...and most anglers can get it working well with little difficulty, on a wide range of rods... Hell I fish my 200 Ulua's on a Ripplefisher 79H, and despite the stiff rod being designed for chuggers/poppers, it  is defintely still workable on this rod... not optimum, but defintely workable!

Not sure if this helps...
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...