Aaron Concord

Aaron with another North Stradbroke Pet!!
December 10, 2007, 09:49:33 PM
Went for a spin in a mates 2600 Powercat & took Geoff Seeto & "Crazy Pete" Lowe for the ride.
Boat is excellent to get to the local GT spots in comfort and will end up having Luke, Pete, Loche (Owner) and myself doing a Fraser Expediton in it.
To cut a long story short, trolling for billfish resulted in a couple wahoo hits and a nice bull dolphinfish for Pete before the GT grounds becond!!
Pete lost a cracker on his first cast that would have been a 30-40kg GT.
I ended up hooking up and got dragged around fairly heavily on "usual" drag...it pulled a whole 30cm of line for the whole fight....
Somewhere in the low 20's I guess....not enough run in the arvo tide to get the mammoths up, though another Jai/Carpernter SPUHL victim...it was cool!!!
Oh....Owner 5/0 ST-76's can handle 16+kg of drag...that's what was off the reel  8)

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Aaron with another North Stradbroke Pet!!
December 10, 2007, 09:53:12 PM
Quality mate - bloody quality.

You're right about the photo ;)

Looking forward to those big tides!

Mick Cunningham

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
December 10, 2007, 10:32:34 PM
ohh not again  :o   i knew it was good timing to hunt them this weekend  :'( but but  i had no boat to head out damn you ...

i missed out twice jeez ....
i better get the next one lol ..

well done aaron  ... that would be a better fish for your back  ;) hehe

crazy pete ..ahh bugger oh well another time .. but but  aaron  stole your fish  ;D  ;D ::)...

Aaron Concord

December 11, 2007, 11:16:37 PM
Luke,
Thanks Mate!!
Need to give Loche some "basic training" on using a Nikon DSLR!!!!
My girlfreind Marie is gone from the 21st of Jan for 4 weeks....look out Fraser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

Mick,
YES!! It WAS a better fish for my back!!
Still want another stonker class model though.....Break Sea with a bit of prep or Moreton/Straddie near home....what a pity!!!!
Mick, Peter had his shot a a nice fish of 30-40kg...the teeth marks on the Dumbell told how big a gog that GT had!!

Cheers

Aaron.

Duncan....I had a point on an Owner ST-76 bend a touch....refund with 20 more as compensation  ;D ;D ;D

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
December 13, 2007, 10:50:40 AM
Just happy to tag along Aaron, in a more than capable vessel. I think Loche is now pumped about the Fraser trip so it's looking like those big trev's are in trouble.

It was funny to watch you trying to decide "peeling drag - or  - Camera" when that little bull hit.... glad you made the choice you did, he was fun to play and make dance for the camera.

Glad you had a fun day -Gt's are always good to catch - even if you do scull drag the poor little fellow's to the boat  ;D  on that beast of an outfit you use..... very nice.

Let's go again soon ah... some good times at the moment...... ;)

8)

Aaron Concord

December 13, 2007, 11:59:00 PM
Pete,
I did run for that stroker very fast well the dollies hit the teaser & lure didn't I!!
I've done it more than once...suss out if it's a photgraphic opertunity or not....glad I made the decision for the camera!! Some choice jump shots in there (yeah I know, I gotta send them)..

That GT still had me working in the heavy current...though he couldn't pull against Ogre Drag setting could he!!!
Anyway, you just want my rod now that you sneaked a few casts with it....I'm glad I bought it to tame some of these beasts!!....no 5 or 6PE rod will do the job we are asking...not with the average size of the GT's we get...I mean..he was UNDER the average!! How many places 25NM from a CBD can you get those kind of GT's!!!.....let alone FRASER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loche is fully PUMPED!!! Bloody fuel bladders, new batteries, engine service....he rang for a "quick chat" that lasted 2 hours again today...avearge an hour a day getting ideas/sorting equipment etc.

Yep....tell me when you want to go Pete...have rod...will travel!!

Aaron.

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
December 16, 2007, 08:39:43 AM
 Call me strange,

but personally I prefer this  pic..... :D

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
December 16, 2007, 07:42:38 PM
Peter, you better bring this enforcer reputation to the table up there mate - it will be a popping fenzy 8)

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
December 16, 2007, 09:44:24 PM
Oh yer..... I like to walk the walk,

You will see - let's go- no following for me Luke, we will get to tangle with some big guns, no fear - no hostages - no soft c#@*ks.........

I tie my own knots.........

well I hope anyway - if not I hear the whitting fishing is great......

8)

Aaron Concord

December 18, 2007, 12:06:27 AM
Peter,
I thought "crazy" was bad enough but now you want to be called strange?? ;D

Luke,
I reckon he's all piss n wind.....will probably have a bowel explosion when he sees his first REAL GT up at Spot X....6 foot of donkey class Mega GT....he will be calling for his mama!!!

I know I have. :-[ :-[ :-

Boys don't cry...though real men do....when your braid is reef floss after an epic encounter.....