Aerospace

Cairns Dec 5th.
December 11, 2007, 12:58:04 PM
Hey Guys

I went out with Kerry of Blackout Sportfishing on the 5th. It was a very slow day, with no surface action at all, hence no GT's. As this is what I went out for I was a little disappointed not to find the the fish the reef has such a good rep for. However Kerry's extensive knowledge of the area led us to a couple of spots where we did have some good hits on soft plastic jigs down at around 30 meters from various different trevally species and had to avoid the sharks in getting them up! Between 2 of us on the boat we landed around 10 fish in the 8 kg range. We also pursued a school of Mack tuna feeding on the surface and managed to get one of those.

I think I will have to get down to Cairns and give it another chance sometime soon, because some of the stories i heard out with Kerry were mind blowing!!

Keep well everyone.

Simon
Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 01:12:12 PM by Simon Little

Stephen Polzin

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Cairns Dec 5th.
December 11, 2007, 02:24:14 PM
that's a shame Simon.  I went out two days ago and had a lot of trouble finding current.  Still managed 3 GT's and a Bass but it's a bit slow at the moment. 
Cairns Bommie Basher

Aerospace

Re: Cairns Dec 5th.
December 11, 2007, 05:33:55 PM
Good stuff, good going!! I think you obviously have a little more experience than me, and know just how to get them out! It was a little strange as there was a good current running, and we we timed it well tide wise, but just nothing on the surface at all, but i guess thats fishing!! ???