Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Elusive Reef Lagoon Explorer 28 July 2011
August 04, 2011, 04:53:03 PM
Clint:Today started off with a bang as we fished the run out tide.The first reef I took the boys to we had three bites and Dave and Stewart were hooked in solid to their two fish the other one pulled the hooks. It was a great start to the morning and we boated two nice GTs. After that it kind of kick started the day and the next reef we hit we got another two nice GTs.The next ledge was loaded with bait and Tom up the front was in poll position his cast landed on the money and as soon as the popper hit the water it got smashed. He was into a nice fish and pulled the hooks kept popping and hooked another fish only to pull the hooks again these fish were on the chew. A touch further up the ledge he managed to set the hooks solid this time landing a nice fish of 26kg. I did the drift a couple more times and the boys pulled two more fish off it. Dave also had a classic incident while he was into a cracker GT his reel fell off his  rod so with reel in one hand and rod in the other he tried to battle the monster in this awkard situation the fish got the better of him. Fun times though. As the run in tide started we got a heap of shark mackerel and  three more GTs one went 32kg. It was Stuart's PB.Stoked I was there for it. An awesome day.

Nick:-Light tackle was the name of the game today, we worked the mothership anchorage for most of the day and we had some great sport straight up with Jeff landing a nice spangled emporer and Rex getting stuck into the red throats. They were thrown straight in the ice box for lunch! We were managing to get some nice constant action on the light gear from trout to long toms in the shallows. An hour before lunch we decided to go on the troll and 30 mins into it we hooked up to a nice Doggie around 15 kilos he ate a bonga jerk trolled slowy on the surface. Straight after that we managed to get a GT on the troll and by this stage the boys were ready for fish and chips - fresh spango and red throat! After luch Rex went for a snorkel around the lagoon which was so amazing at low tide with zero current and such blue water it is hard to describe it. Soft plastics was the next plan of attack and again we managed to get stuck into some nice fish, footballer trout, strawberry trout, and fat red throats. It was a great day's fishing on the light tackle, hope the sea sits down for us so we can make it out to Frederick........

Alex- Red dragon was a little upset with me this morning, she heard I was driving a dirty little flat bottomed punt around for the last few weeks chasing barra. I had to have a quiet chat with her before I got my guests on board and reassure the dragon that she is still my favourite. Anyway the weather was a bit blowy this morning but we still saw fish. Although it took quite a while for the first hooks to stick. We ended up getting a couple of nice GTs and mackerel with the sharks causing some havoc. We then lost what I'm sure was a nice doggie on the stickbait, this thing made us looks like fools but was highly entertaining.
We necked a few more GTs and another nice mackerel which we kept for dinner before coming back to motherpig. Tomorrow is the day we will smash a big hound on a stickbait I can feel it after losing one over 50kg yesterday and smoked again today, its going to happen.