Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Elusive Reef Lagoon Explorer 30 July 2011
August 04, 2011, 05:03:42 PM
Clint: Great conditions to start the day. The clients wanted to do a bit of everything so we started off the morning chasing GTs while their arms were fresh. The GTs were a bit sluggish not commiting to eating the lure. The water where we were fishing was frothing and I knew those buggers were looking up at the lures I am sure laughing at us. After persistence we manage to get two nice fish. We then had a troll and the shark mackerel were vermon landing a heap off them and one Spanish. Todd an American client asked if we could have one more shot at the GTs then he was going to call it a day. I took them to a shoal that look like the land of milk and honey. On the second cast Todd was into a cracker. This things was pulling the line off at a rate of knots even after I had had powered into the depths to get the fish of the reef. After a long fight and his arms shaking the horse came to the side of the boat. It went 40kg what a blast. To travel half way around the world to catch a fish of a life time in the Coral Sea is where it is at. Stoked for him!The arvo was chilled we went for a snorkel and got some red throat on the light tackle. A great day on the water.

Nick:-Tide was slowly trickling in for the first hour and a half this morning so things were a little slow to start off with, when the tide started running out we started to see fish. We were in a lagoon for what would have been 2 hours jumping from bommie to bommie and we were seeing fish on every one of them and managed to land a few. Moving on to new ground there was bait and plenty of fish on each corner with packs coming up at almost every spot. Rocky managed to land a nice 37 kilo specimen and Joe bagged a nice 30 kilo one for the day. It was almost unreal that the fish had turned on like this as the last few days have been steady but not like this. We saw a lot of fish today and managed to get bust off by a few and had a few line breakages. In one of the bays today I glanced over to see a small whale about 20 ft long swimming next to the boat in about 8 meters of water and it was just shadowing the boat while we were cruising the ledge it was awesome to see. Huge mata rays yesterday and a whale today! We had a great day today ending up with 17 GTs which the boys were super stoked about and everyone had an unforgettable day.

Alex- The fish and mother nature had it against us today. We were fishing some amazing country but the fish would look and not play. One of the most irritating things today was a 30kg doggie follow a stickbait for about 25 metres and then almost look up at us and laugh. We finally started catching them later in the day, most memorable capture was two longtom on the one lure, these things go ballistic normally but it was double the trouble I had issues dehooking them as I had a fish in each hand so I had to use the beak of one fish as a de-hooker. We saw heaps of fish for not many boated which was unfortunate but it was still a nice day in good company cruising around the reefs.