Marc Vandaele

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
replace EVA foregrip
November 06, 2011, 08:51:58 PM
hi to all
i need to replace a foregrip from my Carpenter WV80XH because the grip is not glued well on the blank and if the rod is under pressure the grip make boring noise:)
so i have a few questions about this..
do i need to remove this grip by cut along open or use some glue remover..
what kind of grip can i put back best on and what kind of glue
maybe someone know the inner size of this grip,if someone did this already
where can i get all this stuff,i need a good one and not the cheapest:)online shop where good bcse i am from Europe
is there some link here to do all this(i don't find it at this moment)
thanks already
marc

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: replace EVA foregrip
November 06, 2011, 09:57:33 PM
With a rod as valuable as a WV, I would take it to rod builder to do Marc. It will not cost very much at all.

If you really do want to do it yourself, there have to be instructionals around if you search on the internet. As far as I remember, you simply cut away piece by piece the Eva grip you want to replace, then use a  solvent to remove any glue left on the shaft.

Marc Vandaele

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 06, 2011, 10:19:58 PM
thanks Mark
that was my first thought too,bring it back in to carpenter,for the replace of it but i think that the shippingcost is more expensive than the foregrip
that's why i think to do it self,or there should be a excellent service from Carpenter to  fix this..
and to contact carpenter there's only a Japanese site and i am not able to contact in this language..

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 06, 2011, 10:48:58 PM
thanks Mark
that was my first thought too,bring it back in to carpenter,for the replace of it but i think that the shippingcost is more expensive than the foregrip
that's why i think to do it self,or there should be a excellent service from Carpenter to  fix this..
and to contact carpenter there's only a Japanese site and i am not able to contact in this language..

Hi Marc ,

Sending it back to Carpenter will be very costly and take a long time and I wud not recommend it . Any rod builder in your area should be able to replace the foregrip of the handle without too much problem as it's pretty simple job , in Bali it will take less than 3 days at a very reasonable price to do such replacement and I am sure Mark can attest to this .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Marc Vandaele

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
November 06, 2011, 11:16:12 PM
thanks Jon
that's the way i go,sure that its  well done by a pro
i don't need to send it on the other side of the world,it's not a major problem on this rod,and a good rod builder can fix this better than me

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
November 06, 2011, 11:56:45 PM
thanks Jon
that's the way i go,sure that its  well done by a pro
i don't need to send it on the other side of the world,it's not a major problem on this rod,and a good rod builder can fix this better than me

That the way to go I think Marc.  It's an easy and cheap job for a local rod builder. Sending it to Carpenter would surely take months and cost a lot.

Jon's reference to Bali was because he and I together recently got a fore-grip issue resolved on a Carpenter at a local rod builder there. Cost 15 dollars and took just 3 days  ;).