Robin Loi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hi all,

Am unsure if I'm posting this in the right section and if it is, Brandon, appreciate if you can move this to the right one. Thanks, Brandon.

Last Saturday 24 Sept 2011, 7 Singaporeans and 2 Malaysians set off at Mersing (West Malaysia) towards the South China Sea to fish. At about 10pm , their fishing boat got hit by a tanker and within seconds, the fishing boat sank. 5 Singaporeans and the 2 Malaysians got rescued after spending more than 8 hours, huddled together, drifting out in the South China Sea and enduring endless jellyfish stings. The other 2 Singaporeans are still missing. It is reported that they were wearing life jackets and I am hoping that the life jackets will indeed be their life savers. These 2 Singaporeans are keen contributors and great mates of Singapore's most popular fishing forum, Fishingkaki, too.

As each second passes, I know and fear, deep in my heart, the worst could very well become true. But I am not giving up hope and keeping vigil that they will be alive, somehow, somewhere. Their families and loved ones are naturally absolutely devastated, and one of the missing has a 7 month old baby.

I am not asking for anything from fellow forumers here but a prayer for these 2 anglers to found and rescued, alive, so that they can be reunited with their families and loved ones.

Thanks

Rob

Chris Young

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Praying for good news Rob, hope they are found safe mate .

Crusty

Allan Chan Hian Lian

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
We're all praying for them, heard one guy went down with the boat, never surface again. The other guy was together with the group in the water & decide to swim for help to a passing vessel 400m away but was swept away by big wave, he's a strong swimmer tho with a life vest on.
Allanchl

Gary Prerost

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
never give up My thoughts are with you all at this time

Raymond Yong

• Past Sponsor
  • Fusilier
  • Liked:
Sorry to hear that and prayer out for all involved.

Andrew Wilson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
After my self being lost at see I know first hand what there family's and friends are going through.
Thoughts and prays for all involved.

Robin Loi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
hi guys, many thanks for your thoughts and prayers.. it's been more than a week now and still no news yet.. i am prepared for the worst but as long as there's no news yet, i'm keeping my hopes alive for them..