Kil Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
JIGNPOP is planning to charter the Excel out of San Diego. As you might know, the big Excel (124' X 32')  is regarded as the best long range boats out of San Diego by many.

http://excelsportfishing.com/

We are going to fish 9 days on the Excel out of Cabo San Lucas as the Excel will come down from San Diego to pick us up.

Here is the fishing schedule on the Excel:

Jan 22, 2013 : The Excel leaves from San Diego
Jan 25, 2013 : arrives at Cabo San Lucas to pick up fishermen.
Feb 03, 2013 : returns to Cabo San Lucas after 9 days fishing
Feb 06, 2013 : returns to San Diego

The cost of the trip is not fixed yet, but is probably $4200US - $4300US plus Mexican permit and tip.
The rate is cheaper than normal similar trips on the Excel as the Excel want to promote jigging/popping on the boat. The trip is limited to 25 fishermen.

Even the contract is not signed yet, almost 2/3 of the trip are filled.
It will be an ultimate jigging/popping trip. We are going to fish Hurricane Bank/Clarion Island or Puerto Vallarta depending on fishing condition and you are expected to wrestle with 50 - 200 lb yellowfin tuna on jig/popper.

The trip is limited to 25 fishermen.

Kil Song

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I just finalized the deal with Excel.

The trip cost is $4195US with 25 limit load excluding Mexican Permit and tips. Fuel surcharge may be imposed if necessary. They say current Mexican Permit is about $120US.

I don't think you can get a better deal than this on the boat like Excel to fish out of Cabos.
You have an option to ride/down/ride back or to fish out of Cabos for the same price.
I might get a little cheaper rate from other long range boats, but I'd rather pay some extra to fish on the Excel.

They also accommodate our deposit schedules.
1/4 deposit of the cost is required within 3 months after signing the contract
and another 1/4 deposit within 6 months after signing the contract.

I am glad we finalize the deal. The Trip is ON !!!