Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Malaysia
August 23, 2011, 09:52:41 AM
Hey guys

I am off to Malaysia in mid September, spending a bit of time in Penang and then 4 days on Langkawi. I know Langkawi, and Malaysia generally, is not exactly fishing heaven, however this is a quick break for my wife and I without our son so it is just going to be relaxing, eating etc.....however, the wife is understanding and if there is any point in wetting a line for a half day or a day she will be fine with that, so just wondering if anyone can clue me in on the situation. The little I have heard suggests I may well be wasting my time, but it would be a shame to be surrounded by so much water and not to have a fish....

Cheers

Dan Konig

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Re: Malaysia
August 23, 2011, 11:16:20 AM
Any chance of you swinging a couple of days in Pahang state?

Good light jigging and sailfish action in September.

Kuala Rompin is fairly accessible, and the sailfish action should be hot by then. We got 6 in a day around 3 weeks ago, but that was quite slow for when things really fire.

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
August 23, 2011, 11:34:04 AM
Nah, can't do it unfortunately, only a whirlwind 8 day trip in total....I know Kuala Rompin should be starting to warm up for sails around then but can't manage the detour

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
September 03, 2011, 08:01:28 AM
35 years ago, Langkawi was regarded as one of the places to go for anglers. It was really remote back in those days. These days, it is a resort city!
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Scott Maybury

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 03, 2011, 11:47:36 AM
Haha 35 years ago I wasn't born!!

No worries, this will keep the wife happy and I can look forward to Jewell in late October

Allan Chan Hian Lian

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 03, 2011, 12:31:20 PM
35 years ago, Langkawi was regarded as one of the places to go for anglers. It was really remote back in those days. These days, it is a resort city!

Spot on Brandon, plenty of giant sails and strip/blue marlin in those days. Haizzz commercial fishing...what a pity.
Allanchl