Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Elusive Reef Lagoon Explorer 28 August 2011
August 30, 2011, 06:07:29 PM
Damon: Had a crazy little session this afternoon for few hours with the new guys. We released 7 GTs from a LOT of bites. The highlight of the arvo was hard to pick, but Graham Stevenson sight casting to a surface feeding GT in 20m of water and landing it was pretty hard to beat. The GT busted up on the surface at the side of the boat and Graham cast out near it and hooked up first pop, truly spectacular fishing. The weather was as good as it gets with glass calm conditions. Can't wait for tomorrow as there is more good weather and crazy action to come. Bring it on.

Clint: It is not often you get surreal conditions as we had for the afternoon session to start the new charter. The ocean was literally a sheet of glass and you could see bait along the edges as far as the eye could see it made for a perfect setting. We only had three hours to fish casting to bundled up fusies scattred along the edge of the reef. And boy did we have fun catching 10 GTs in the short time we had. What a way to start the new week. Can't wait for tomorrow can feel a big one coming on this place is going to explode.

Alex- Today was ridiculous absolute glass off with fog mist everywhere visibility was not ideal. I was waiting to see the black pearl cruise through the mist in the glass calm conditions. It was eerie! The whales made it worse when through the fog all you could see was a massive black tail or lump in the water, loch ness monster stuff. The reef was impossible to see and all you could see was the fusies to distinguish where the edge was. We got 4 from a heap of hits and my guys lost there GT virginity.

John Dory:- A new group today and millpond conditions. We shot over to a nearby reef and the GTs where on song, 5 fish in fairly short succession got us off to a flying start before the current slowed down and the bait started to disappear. The highlight was when Dom cast at a school of Fusies and a fish came and sipped his popper down, the take was nothing spectacular but what followed was intense as I reversed the boat away from the reef I could see the spool starting to empty the fish must have taken at least 120m of string, then the slow process of bringing the fish to the boat began, after 10min of battle a massive fish came to the surface every bit of 50kg, 133cm fork length and 102 girth it was an awesome sight and one very happy angler and crew, this is the one Dom had been chasing