Nomad Sportfishing

• Past Sponsor
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bugatti Reef Lagoon Explorer 25 Aug 2011
August 29, 2011, 04:01:35 PM
John Dory:- Today the winds had abated to a steady speed, not ideal but an improvement on yesterday for sure, straight up we had a pack attack which somehow managed to miss the hooks on Maverick's popper, next drift Sam Lee hooked up solid to a nice fish so things today were looking up, after skipping down to the shoal from yesterday's annihilation we had more pack attacks and a Spanish mackerel which had the guys puckering after it launched itself at a popper and almost ended up in the dory with us, we must have seen about 20 fish in this area but staying connected was not happening today, we landed a couple but could have easily had another 6 or 7 in the boat with a little luck, making our way back towards the mothership we stopped at a nice little bombie that looked the goods first cast with Sam using an Ice Cream we had 2 fish of over 40kgs trying to eat it in one of the coolest takes I have ever seen unfortunately after a blistering first run it won its freedom. I am starting to think there is a little man swimming under my boat cutting our lines when we hook a monster....  Tomorrow is the day

Glanville:- again waking up to outrageous conditions but once again the fish were around to play the game, first blue hole we stopped in and this fish came climbing out of the water, the fishing was consistent throughout the day and I reckon we would have seen at least 40 fish but somehow only managed to put 12 in the boat nevertheless a very entertaining day and we were very unlucky not to get a few more, the guys fished very hard in the rough conditions only to be surprised at the end of the day when the wind died down to a light breeze, it looks like the guys this following week are going to have an awesome week and with the amount of fish around there are sure to be some big numbers.

Damon:- a simply astonishing day. We released 25 GTs for the day in weather that was truly ugly, horrible and any other adjective you can think of. To have had such incredible action in such foul, rainy, windy weather was something very special. I've never before seen such hot fishing action in the rough weather, and to catch that many fish in windy and wet conditions just shows how many fish are out on these reefs. I can't even imagine what carnage is going to happen next week when it is calm and the fusiliers come up to the surface!! There were so many highlights it's hard to choose one, but Brandon losing his favourite carpenter gamma to a 30kg fish in the shallows was one of the most spectacular things I've seen. We were sitting in 1m of water casting into the deep water over the edge, and as the lure came over the drop off a big fish tried to eat it and missed. Brandon started winding furiously to get the lure away from the big fish and certain doom, but the fish simply decided it was eating that lure and mowed it down, got airborne and smashed the lure 2m from the side of the boat, then proceeded to turn and scream back over the drop off and relieve Brandon of his favourite lure.
Truly spectacular, and a great way to end a day. We left them biting hard today, and there is going to be chaos again tomorrow, 5kn of wind and lots of fish, watch this space!