Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Bouz drag checker
December 27, 2007, 08:11:10 PM
Well, now that Xmas has passed , time for a new years pressie  ;D...are the bouz drag checkers any good? My current drag checker combo(aka the wife and hand held springs) isnt too accurate at times, so was looking for an alternative.....Are these checkers reliable, easy to use....?

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Bouz drag checker
December 27, 2007, 09:52:15 PM
(aka the wife and hand held springs)

Hi Andrew, good to see you back active again since 'girlfriend' changed to 'wife', 'oh' and where is the Hawaii report? ;D ;)

I have had the Bouz Drag Checker [Bling] a couple of months but still haven't worked out it's best usage yet, the machine itself is great but to use it properly or to it's fullest I'm still working out :-\.
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 27, 2007, 11:07:15 PM
Andrew, I would regard the Bouz as indicative/ballpark. It is very convenient but would not think it would be that accurate
If it swims; I want to catch it!

AustralianAngling

December 28, 2007, 01:31:19 PM
Measurement Range
  1kg-15kg Model

Measurement Accuracy
  Less than 2 kg : +/- 10%
          Over 2kg : +/- 5%

Andrew Poulos

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • Liked:
December 28, 2007, 07:24:36 PM
Greg - Hawaii report : crapola  :(
I wished I had fished off kona but we were too busy for the first part of the trip, then a huge storm came through and the next 5 days was big seas and lots of wind - so no fishing. I have some photos of some GTs from the aquarium and thats it.....fishing shops were crap too. The one I went to in Kona was nothing special, and didnt get the chance to go to melton international. The only stuff I bought was from wal mart and picked up spools of ande leader cheap, plus some yo zuri and rapalas cheap.

The bouz would definitely be more accurate than my current method. I will see how I go with the shopping list. Next is a spare DF spool, then the bouz I reckon.