Peter Olesen

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jigging rod advice needed.
September 19, 2011, 01:53:40 AM
Hi Serge

In my view, the Jigging Master blanks has proved themselves already :) Same same for the Fuji components. I cannot say though how the rod building of the rod has been done. Of course it is your choice whether or not to trust the company (which I by the way has no interference with).

Good luck with the rod.

Best
Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:55:19 AM by Peter Olesen
"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter." Mark Twain

Serge de Bruijn

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 19, 2011, 09:30:39 PM
I agree on the blanks and guides but I cannnot judge the way it has been built from the website, that's why I would like to play "safe".

I do have some time left before the trip so I will continue my search :)

David Sharples

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
September 20, 2011, 01:38:35 AM
Hey Serge, I have an AMJ52EX and have caught a few doggies on it up to 35KG and my friend has had them up to 50KG on this same rod. If you are going where I think you are I would look at something with more backbone, that Smith is a bit scary when it bends right through the reel seat. It might make lifting a bit less painful though....

I'm sure one of the MC Works sticks that Saltywater have would do the trick nicely and if they are OK on those big bluefins they will be fine on doggies. Mail Sami or Paul and I'm sure they will sort you out.

Get lots of Fisherman Andamans and some FC Labo SL jigs in pink :-)

Serge de Bruijn

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 20, 2011, 05:22:03 AM
Hi David,
we finally managed to get it sorted so we are on next May :)

The MC works rods look right but are a bit more than I was hoping to spend, I also need a Shilton SL7 and the rest as you know...
But I will see how far I can stretch the budget.
Will be in touch before we leave for some more tips and tricks.

Serge.

David Sharples

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
September 20, 2011, 06:49:48 PM
Hey Serge,

I'm going again on Sunday! I've spent $1000 on jigs and stuff and am expecting my luggage to be a lot lighter on the way back. My concern is that the wind is blowing 20+kts and there's a 3m sea so I'm not sure how pleasant the crossing will be....

For the jigging rod I was thinking about it and so long as it is EXH it probably doesn't matter that much as the other guys have said as no matter how pokey the rod is it's all about whether the damn thing stops or not. Once it's stopped it's a lot easier..

Serge de Bruijn

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
September 20, 2011, 07:32:22 PM
Hi David,

you lucky *** , are you going with JF again?
The weather is not at it's best but that can change before your departure, have a safe crossing and great trip ! Please leave some fish for us :)

I will have to find a balance between a EXH rod and staying in the boat ...
Looking forward to the report.