Nathan Green

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Heading to Stanage Bay
August 19, 2011, 07:00:33 AM
Hello everybody, I'm off to Stanage Bay with a group of mates in October, does anybody have some inside info for me on where i might be able to find some GT's? I have been there before but haven't chased GT's so some spots/areas to get me started would be a big help. If the weather is kind to us we have the boats go go almost anywhere and the gear to handle the small and bigger fellows.

Thanks in advance.

Greeny

Steve Osmond

Re: Heading to Stanage Bay
August 21, 2011, 02:00:42 PM
I was up there in July weather was a bit lumpy to go too wide. I did get out wide one of the days. Got out between Marble and Tynemouth? Wow is there fishy country out there! Saw a heap of nervous bait jumping in the shallows. A mate and I belted out poppers for about 15 minutes. Got one hit close but no cigar. As you do I was half asleep winding in and bang I had a beast of a GT come from the depths and belt the Halco and not hookup! He sat there for a few seconds and the mate said what was that?? That will live in my memory forever! I reckon if I had of hooked up I would of lost everything it was that close. I was trying to christen my new toy. I got a saltiga dogfight and samurai pop 10 what a combo! There are some great spots close weather permitting. Just take the sea too cheap the tides and surges are something to be seen at times. The locals are good for a yarn go to the pub and have a yarn and Von at the tackle store has the basics. The road in was surprisingly good for towing a boat. Found the Fishfinder book and Navionic charts mighty helpful. Might be worth a call to get  report for October though. Good luck I will be back. We are thinking of going later this year with a few mates also. Cheers

Nathan Green

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 23, 2011, 07:22:42 AM
Thanks for your reply mate, should be pretty easy to swing by the pub and tackle shop, goes without saying on a boys trip away!

Greeny

Nathan Green

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
August 23, 2011, 07:23:45 AM
Any body else out there? any help will go along way!

Peter Lowe

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
September 27, 2011, 09:59:54 AM
When are you going ?

A mate and I are going next week  for the week ( first week October ish)- weather permitting - our sole target will  be GT's..... that said I am sure we will mix it up - I heard there is some good YFT surface action going on - love those guys on poppers.

Conditions look good / OK - just hope we get a few good days of weather so we can explore the wider ground - so much awesome country out there !

Need to find out what the road is like ?

Cant wait !

8)
Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:01:29 AM by Peter Lowe