craig breadsell

Re: Custom handles / knobs
February 02, 2012, 09:59:15 PM
Simon
           Not sure if it fits but I still have the original T-Bar from my old 20000 Stella in the parts bin at home if you want to try it for a trip. I used it once or twice then converted to a rounder number for popping.

You know where to find me

Cheers mate

Ben Rivers

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
June 05, 2012, 06:46:34 PM
Thanks for the comments Ricky / Mark.

Has anyone tried these knobs: http://www.7seasproshop.com/product_detail.php?keyword=shimano_shimano_yumeya_aluminum_round_power_knob

Anyone tried these yet? Yumeya are supposed to be good yeah?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 05, 2012, 06:55:08 PM

Has anyone tried these knobs: http://www.7seasproshop.com/product_detail.php?keyword=shimano_shimano_yumeya_aluminum_round_power_knob

I missed your original request there Ben. Yep I have one of those in the grey colour in your link. It is currently fitted on a Stella 10000. They look and feel really good.

Ben Rivers

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 05, 2012, 07:21:21 PM

I missed your original request there Ben. Yep I have one of those in the grey colour in your link. It is currently fitted on a Stella 10000. They look and feel really good.

Thanks Mark - I'll order one for the Stella SW 18000 and one for the Twinpower SW 8000.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 05, 2012, 07:31:08 PM
Certainly one of the better value bling items and they do feel nice in the hand..

I think I might prefer the "Kaiser" knob that I mentioned before though. I see that Gara Pro Shop also has them now:
http://gara-proshop.com/cscart/gara-ergo-knob-for-stella.html

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
June 05, 2012, 08:39:26 PM
I use and have used a wide number of aftermarket handles on my Stellas, and really prefer them over the original Knobs...

My favourite were the original Tuna Max knobs for the FA series.... unfortunately they changed the shape/design a little on the new ones for the SW series which are still great, but not as great as the originals in my opinion...

The FISHERMAN knobs are incredible, but silly price ( like most FISHERMAN products )... they really are fantastic though...

Recently fitted the JM Knobs to a couple of my reels and was really impressed... these are as close to the original Tuna Max Handles in feel and comfort, and perfromed fantastically... available in a super wide range of colours too, and readily available which is great....

I've got a Charcoal/Gun Metal Tuna Max Knob for a 18000SW which is brand new... fitted to my 18K, but never used, replace it with a JM.... if anyone wants it, PM me, I'm sure we can work out a plan... I won't be using it, so would rather it goes to a good home and gets fished...
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Ben Rivers

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 06, 2012, 07:18:49 PM

Mark - Are the Yumeya Knobs easy to install? What gets used from the original knobs parts? Both Barrings and Washer etc?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 06, 2012, 08:19:47 PM
Very easy. You need all the parts from the original knob.

Ben Rivers

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 06, 2012, 08:24:32 PM
Very easy. You need all the parts from the original knob.

Thanks Mark!
Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 09:10:43 PM by Ben Rivers

Ben Rivers

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
June 09, 2012, 08:11:18 AM
Just installed them. Easy to install, look and feel great! I like them more than the Jigging Master Knobs.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
June 09, 2012, 12:54:30 PM
That's good to hear Ben. I am surprised that this Yumeya knob is not more generally available in stores. It is a good product and quite well priced compared to many others.