Jon Hsu

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shimano SW10000HG missing bearing I believe.
October 19, 2011, 05:30:06 PM
Hey guys
For this reel, is there supposed to be two ball bearings in the knob? One you put in the axle before knob, and then one under the screw?
I got mine used and there's a lot of play and I took it apart, looks like missing a bearing there.
Anyone confirm? I could only find schematics of newer Stella 10k SW, but it confirms that I a missing part RD11603 (Washer) and RD10424 (Ball bearing)
Shimano USA should be able to get me these right? The Stella I have is a JDM version of the 10000FA
Please see attached pic.
Another quick question, when was the introduction of this model? I get all my USDM JDM info mixed up.

Click for larger image.

Peter Olesen

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
Re: Shimano SW10000HG missing bearing I believe.
October 19, 2011, 06:45:03 PM
Hi Jon

Here is schematics of a 10000FA which I guess is equal to your HG.

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/shimano/Shimano_stl_10000fa.pdf

There are two bearings in the knob. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Peter
"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter." Mark Twain

Jon Hsu

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 19, 2011, 07:29:56 PM
Thank you Peter. You confirmed my suspicions. Turns out im also missing two washers there too.
also. Those of you with this reel. Does your main shaft move up and down about 3 mm?
I bought this reel used and it is my first Stella. I thought I read that this slack was eliminated in the Stella or maybe only the newer Stellas. My older Shimanos have some play.
 I just wanna make sure everything is right.

Luke Wyrsta

• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
October 19, 2011, 08:08:04 PM
Thank you Peter. You confirmed my suspicions. Turns out im also missing two washers there too.
also. Those of you with this reel. Does your main shaft move up and down about 3 mm?
I bought this reel used and it is my first Stella. I thought I read that this slack was eliminated in the Stella or maybe only the newer Stellas. My older Shimanos have some play.
 I just wanna make sure everything is right.

A degree of movement is normal and fine. This is confirmed by Shimano engineers.

Jon Hsu

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 20, 2011, 11:34:01 AM
Thanks for the help Luke, Peter.

I found the missing bearing and two washers. It was inside the spare T Handle in the box good thing.
Just saw in the papers someone caught an 81 lb GT from shore yesterday, gonna give it a go.