Marko Pekic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
GT popping dvds?
October 18, 2011, 04:08:27 PM
Hey guys any reccomendations on popping dvds? Would like to see some actual popping from the angler and not just footage of when there hooked up so i can watch and learn how its done?
Marko
When x meets y

Andre van Wyk

• Dogtooth Tuna
  • DARK CONTINENT DARKSTAR RIDER
  • Liked:
Re: GT popping dvds?
October 18, 2011, 06:56:51 PM
Legend 5 is a great one if you can find it, and even better if you understand Japanese!! 8)
To Ride, Shoot Straight and Speak the Truth...

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
October 18, 2011, 07:19:25 PM
Hey guys any reccomendations on popping dvds? Would like to see some actual popping from the angler and not just footage of when there hooked up so i can watch and learn how its done?
Marko

If you serious in learning GT fishing , just go fishing with the guys who have been into it and you will learn more than by just looking at DVDs .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Robin Loi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 18, 2011, 07:31:36 PM
Yes Andre! Legend 5 (160mins long) by Kozo Okubo is a great video! Kozo's the 'face' and rod tester of Smith Japan. There is a segment in the DVD where he teaches how to tie your PE to Mono and the bite leader (twisted leader) to the popper. If you're in Singapore, I'd lend it to you.. and a couple of others 

1) Fisherman Video GT Vol 1 and Vol 2 (Maldives with Suzuki-san)

2) GT Trip (Miyako Island, Japan) by Reiko Kojima (female angler)

3) *can't remember the name of the DVD but it's by Matsutani-san of Patriot Design

unfortunately, these are made for the Japanese market, therefore you'd be very lucky to find one with subtitles (if it exists)..

Watching, personally to me, is to relieve the 'itch' A LITTLE BIT.. the best is to get out there with the boyz and start poppin! Hands-on, you'll definitely learn alot more (which I am still learning too)

Marko Pekic

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 19, 2011, 12:39:52 AM
Yes i agree the best way is get out there with the guys who do it but i dont know anyone who does it or most dont like going on trips with beginners, but i consider myself a quick learner. Hopefully get my hands on some of these dvds as i just enjoy watching fishing dvds in general. Have many jigging dvds as this is the fishing i do most. Cheers for the suggestions lads.
When x meets y

Ben Thomson

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 24, 2011, 06:24:51 PM
Where can I get legends 5 ????

Robin Loi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
October 24, 2011, 06:29:25 PM
hi ben, it should be available in your favourite local tackle shops (just ask around). if it isn't available, the other place i know of, is purchasing via Plat Japan online. good luck!