• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Shoalwater Bay
April 01, 2007, 02:44:52 PM
Thanks Bernie, I had seen 'bungie' mentioned and thought that was in the twisted leeder benifits,now I know its mainly for abraision I'll stick to my normal fluro leeders except aromd beacons or shallows.

Hi Greg,

The shock absorption is also a big advantage as well, without a doubt. As others have already mentioned the slim and simple connection is a huge plus as is the ability to also create a 'bite' leader. This means that you can twist the end of the leader back on to itself effectively creating a small section that is 4x the strength and thickness of the original single strand mono. I don't really see a need to use the twisty on anything other than 80lb+ gear close to structure such as heavy reef, rock, bommie studded areas.

Let me know if you need any assistance with making them.
Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 02:46:35 PM by Luke Wyrsta

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 01, 2007, 03:29:56 PM
bloody hell - Luke is of course right and it is probably arguable that the shock absorption is even more important than the abrasion resistance. Braid on its own is an extremely poor shock absorber because it hardly stretches. The twisted leader makes a big difference in this regard. Must be still depressed about my fishing trip.......   :'(
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Jonas Holmsgard

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
April 11, 2007, 05:58:41 PM

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
April 11, 2007, 08:03:16 PM
Jonas - welcome to the forum!
Nice to see you found us from so far away. You obviously lost less poppers than someone we both know who will remain unnamed!! I'm heading off tomorrow for a week at Shoalwater with the boys. I understand the army has given Damon have full access this year so we are looking forward to a good trip. Keeping my fingers corssed for good weather!
If it swims; I want to catch it!