Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: GT popping Bali
February 25, 2012, 07:45:25 PM
Yep Agus has left Xplore, and after that also had a very saddening personal tragedy to deal with  :(

He has plans to be back as a guide/captain but no firm date yet.

Life is good thanks, not as much fishing as I would like as very busy with a business project. But I am making the crossing to Lombok with Adhek on Monday just for the day. Will hopefully connect with some GTs.   

And life can't be bad when I am about to pop out and have a hour's light casting before dusk right after typing this message :)

Chris Rogerson

February 28, 2012, 09:57:44 AM
That's it Chris. Land of a Thousand Casts and just sometimes, really superb GT fishing.
Thats definatley my experience, at least the thousand casts part. Hopefully the Superb fishing part next time.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
March 06, 2012, 01:36:30 PM
Mark, any fishing lately?

If you were considering a trip over mate, now is a much better time.  The heat in late February became unbearable and there was a horrible algal bloom - water was like green soup. Impossible to catch a fish. However, a storm came through last Friday and Saturday and it is now cooler and the water has cleared. Adhek just had a couple of good days at Batu Abah (14 GT strikes, 8 GT strikes), the local jiggers have been catching good numbers of big Ruby Snappers and  I have noticed big improvements in the inshore fishing as well.  I am out at Batu Abah on Friday and maybe Saturday as well.

So if you were thinking of a Bali jaunt, now is a pretty good time.