Darren Cook

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Fishing In Thailand.
January 22, 2008, 05:46:18 PM
Hi, I'm heading to Thailand in mid march for a month and interested in doing a charter or 2.
Does anyone have any suggestions on good destinations and charters over there?

I'm not planning on taking a heap of gear......maybe a reel and some poppers/jigs , perhaps pick up a rod there or use a charter supplied rod.

Keen to chase GT's or jig for whatever but fairly flexible. Would just like to fish some different waters.

Any clues on charter costs there, like reasonable, expensive or what?

Any help would be appreciated. I'll be basesd in Bangkok at the beginning. Thanks for any help.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Fishing In Thailand.
January 22, 2008, 07:21:19 PM
Hi Darren ,

The best bet is to go n visit khun Jai at 7Seas Proshop in the BSL fishing pond around Bang Kapi ,

Address ;

21/596 Soi Watsuwanpasitbungkum , Sukapiban 1 RD. , Bangkok 10240 . Phone : 02-7347757 .

May need somebody to talk to the taxy driver in Thai language to get you there from Bangkok city center .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 22, 2008, 07:46:12 PM
Bloody hell Jon - did you remember that address off the top of your head?!
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 22, 2008, 08:25:48 PM
Hi Brandon ,

Just happened to have the name card in my wallet , I have just returned from Thailand yesterday . It's very hot there now but Bangkok is always fun .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .

Darren Cook

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
January 22, 2008, 10:47:29 PM
Jon, thats very helpfull cheers. Heard today that theres a great sail fishery out of phuket.........sails on popper is something i've only dreamed of, cheers.

Brandon Khoo

• Foundation Moderator
  • Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 23, 2008, 12:25:33 AM
for sails, I think Malaysia in Rompin is the go
If it swims; I want to catch it!

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 23, 2008, 02:01:30 AM
Darren ,

I second Brandon's choice Rompin - Malaysia as the place to go for popping those sailfish , infact I am going to Rompin again later in the year and this time will try to do the right thing , lost too many sailfish due to mistakes of my own the last time .

Jon .