Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Food tips for long range trip.
December 11, 2011, 08:36:21 AM
Breakfast is the easiest Serge, I take a mix of muesli, dried fruit and nuts and powdered milk. Just add water! To spice it up a little more try some freeze dried yogurt with it.
I also take dried fruit and mixed nuts for snacks.

Ricky Lim

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 12, 2011, 03:39:31 AM
That's GT food right there Warwick!  :) those nuts and grain releases energy as the morning goes.
Also add some fresh fruit in, I like peaches in my muesli and you can get them in jars ready to go.

Dried fruit and mixed nuts goes down well with beers ;D

Sam Morrison

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
December 12, 2011, 08:07:40 AM
I use these meals for when I am on Land Based fishing trips hours away from shops etc...Easy to prepare in the back of the 4WD or in a tent. These are super light weight, pack down to nothing and lastly are very very tasty!!!

http://backcountrycuisine.co.nz/bcc/

I am unsure if you have a stockist near you but go for the Moroccan Lamb!  ;) They have a full range of meals, breakfasts, desserts, lunches and emergency rations. All you need is hot water for the basic packs, but there is self heating packs too that only use cold water and a chemical reaction process to warm the food. They come with water sterilization tablets too if the water source is a bit dodgy  :o

Barry Kurten

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 13, 2011, 05:53:19 AM
If you can get your hands on sheet or shredded ice, get as much of it as you can. It stays frozen much longer then normal ice cubes or blocks and because its so thin it gets in everywhere. :)