• Likes Given: 0

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
Re: Fake Stellas
December 21, 2011, 10:16:23 PM
Seems to be a real common sort of language used in the feedback for this seller recently (only related to stella reels) a lot of effort justifying the legitimacy of the item and the seller. 

I note all of the people leaving the feedback for the stellas have very low feedback scores (less than 30) compared to his previous transactions.  Sounds like a collection of bogus ebayers.

As Jon said, I think its fraud, not fake.  I'd be very surprised if anything turns up at all!

(My comments relate to previous item link)

Some interesting similarities between those two ads!!!!
Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:21:41 PM by Peter Childs

Vasko Dimoski

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 21, 2011, 10:26:48 PM
i guess this is the link you talking about?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Shimano-STELLA-SW-8000-HG-Spinning-Reel-/160700360715?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Fishing_Reels_JN&hash=item256a7ce80b
too good to be true, he even put fukui san picture in his advertisement ;D
this issue has been discussed in us forum as well i guess
interested to see what's going to turned up a your place, well i even hope the guy at least send you something
Hi every one this Ebay sellers rating is only 90% i would never buy from a seller with a rating that bad and also check out his feed back all the good feed back in the last year has been made buy people with not many feed backs on there names meaning they prob new ebay members which could be just signed up by the seller or friend of his just to make him look good also read the feed back its most prob all from very small transaction some times the price gives it away but other times especially when the item is highly sort after like Stella or Tiagra the price might look right but still be a scam so check the feed back because if you don't you will buy a Tiagra like i did and get nothing at  your door lucky for me i acted quick with paypal and got my money back.

Vasko Dimoski

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 21, 2011, 10:36:05 PM

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 21, 2011, 10:49:41 PM
Hi guys, please use some common sense when making purchases like this on ebay. Hate seeing other users get conned when it can so easily be avoided! Stick to well known sellers/stores with good feedback and like it has been said so many times before, if it sounds too good to be true it often is.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 21, 2011, 11:25:03 PM
I am not much of an EBay user, so correct me if I misunderstand, but would not the facts that the item seems to be located in China, the seller in the UK and it's on the Ebay UK site, raise some alarm bells?

Also I would not buy a thing from (or send a cent to) somebody who cannot even write intelligibly.  Eg:

"If your dissimilarity idea, please don't bid my item."

Adrian Braun

December 22, 2011, 04:11:35 AM
The seller lists paypal as a payment method as per ebay rules, then he mentions in description that only wire transfer is accepted. From the payment terms, the two links in this thread belong to the same fraudster who is using several ebay accounts. The pics of the reels are taken from other auctions. I saw the pic of the 18000 in a auction by reelseller who is a good ebay seller. You will not receive any reel, and your money is gone in the bank of china. Report those two accounts to ebay, and next time pay paypal only.

Kamalu Charlot

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 22, 2011, 06:23:11 AM
I will add one more thing in the states the Postal police kick some serious arse investigating this kind of fraud.  If you find yourself conned like this they are the ones to contact.  The local authorities could care less.  Not sure how it is in the UK but worth looking into. 

Nick Darling

• Past Sponsor
  • Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
December 22, 2011, 06:30:43 AM
Hey mate,

Could be real just hot... In that case good buy for you but a bloody shame for the poor angler reelless now!!

Kamalu Charlot

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 22, 2011, 06:34:51 AM
Almost zero chance of that.  Seeing as he wants him to wire the money.  Put it this way.. What are my chances of getting that 'stolen' reel from a unknown guy in China if I mail him $500.  Most of the scammers want you to wire them money and avoid paypall.  Never do a sale by email only deal.

Ben Rivers

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
December 22, 2011, 08:06:21 AM
Luckily Doug paid with Paypal and he will get his money back.

There is a timeframe to wait, then lodge a dispute, then matter will be investigated, then you will get your money back!

Make efforts to contact the Seller after a responsible time, when item hasn't been Recieved. Then contact Paypal Disputes Centre.

Cheers Ben

Vasko Dimoski

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 22, 2011, 09:02:03 AM
Luckily Doug paid with Paypal and he will get his money back.

There is a timeframe to wait, then lodge a dispute, then matter will be investigated, then you will get your money back!

Make efforts to contact the Seller after a responsible time, when item hasn't been Recieved. Then contact Paypal Disputes Centre.

Cheers Ben
Doug if you explain your self to PayPal and report him to eBay you will be able to lodge acclaim earlier don't wait as it takes the seller upto 5 days to get his money out of PayPal and into his own account also I think you will find that he has scamed a couple of others as well that might get there money back if PayPal fraud department catch him before he gets his money I would report him to eBay first via the live chat and some one there will be able to help you .Good luck with it mate but don't wait report him

Ben Furness

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
December 22, 2011, 09:10:30 AM
Do they make any Stellas in China? I know alot of the legitimate companies have issues with manafacturers producing extra stock and selling it out the back of the factory.

My parents lived near a Nike factory in Indonesia and I bought two unreleased pairs of Air Maxes direct from the back door of the factory for $10 a pair back in the day. They asked if I wanted to buy them in 1000 pair shipments but I was happy with my pairs!

Doug Terry

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
December 22, 2011, 06:01:26 PM
Hi Lads as we all thought it is a fraud just recieved this e-mail.
Dear friends:
We accept bank transfer.
 We thank you for the purchase of goods, we have received your
money after 1-3 days, you will receive your goods. Hope that the goods
can You surprises!
Quantity: 1 PCS
The shiping cost is GBP:25.00 and insurance is GBP:5.00 the item
Cost is GBP:200.00
GBP:230.00
The total price is GBP:230.00 to 1 Pcs get Beautiful items.
Details of the payment is: Wire transfer
Bank Transfer:
Bank's NAME:Bank of China Beijing PANJIAYUAN SUB-BRANCH
BANK'S ADD:NO.25,DONG SAN HUAN SOUTH STREET BeiJing China.
HOLDER`S NAME : XiuShuai Meng
ACCOUNT NO: 3337-5647-4403
SWIFT CODE: BKCH CN BJ 110
Please tell me your address accurate delivery of goods! And when you
pay the money! Convenience, I sent you the goods as soon as possible!
Looking forward to your reply!
Thank you for purchasing our items, our company address is:
 Beijing
 Warwick House
 14th Floor, Studio 501
 Zip Code: 100021

BSB:Branch No. 084-402

- mistake81

I will be cancelling payment when paypal opens in an hours time will also report him to e-bay. I only ever pay by paypal. So Now you know he gave an address in the uk only thats false as well.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 22, 2011, 06:06:09 PM
Do they make any Stellas in China? I know alot of the legitimate companies have issues with manafacturers producing extra stock and selling it out the back of the factory.

My parents lived near a Nike factory in Indonesia and I bought two unreleased pairs of Air Maxes direct from the back door of the factory for $10 a pair back in the day. They asked if I wanted to buy them in 1000 pair shipments but I was happy with my pairs!

That happens a lot with clothing and shoes Ben, hence the whole factory outlet industry in places like Bandung.

It's hard to imagine too much of that sort of over-run though with a product with high cost precision components.  As far as I understand, all Stellas are made in Japan.
Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 06:51:04 PM by Mark Harris