• Administrator
  • Giant Trevally
  • GTPopping.com Founder
  • GT Monster
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Biomaster sw
December 27, 2011, 12:54:25 PM
Since the conversation has shifted to Twinpowers, isn't the TP SW - A version inferior to the regular TP SW?

I don't understand your question? Do you mean JDM version compared to Export version or the TP FC range?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 27, 2011, 08:31:42 PM
I read that as Gary asking if the Twinpower SWA (export) is inferior to the Twinpower SW (JDM).   If that is the question, then the answer is a resounding no - exactly the same bar the livery.
Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:43:34 PM by Mark Harris

Greg Burt

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 28, 2011, 11:33:16 AM
There was always confusion where the man in the street thought the TP FC and the TP SW where the same family, they had the same name 'TWINPOWER' but were worlds apart, there is a TP FC 10000 model which added to the confusion to the novice Fisho.
Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:18:10 AM by Greg Burt
Greg 'FFF' Burt

Gary Krol

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 29, 2011, 02:34:13 AM
My mistake, I guess I did mean the FC version, those don't even have aluminum rotors I think

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
December 29, 2011, 08:22:08 AM
Still on the twinpowers, when I was looking for a 5000 size reel I found there was a mere 50-80 dollar price difference between the Twinpower sw and the Stella (still advertised at these prices now). Why on earth would the prices be so close?
Anyway I spoke to my local tackle shop and asked if they could get me one and at what price. The price they came up with was in fact 300 dollars cheaper than the Stella. So the TP SW won.
I believe there would be a great market for the Twinpowers if they were that much cheaper than Stella's in Australia, the question is why aren't they?
I guess that the TP and the Biomasters are that mechanically close that they will stock the BM's only as Luke said?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 29, 2011, 11:57:33 AM
A close examination of the two sets of schematics would be interesting.  Instinctively, having held a new Biomaster and played with it briefly, and seeing it only has 6 bearings, I would be a bit surprised if it bears too much detailed mechanical resemblance to a Twinpower SW.  Happy to be very wrong on that though.

A $300 gap is about right internationally Warwick, so well done.
Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 12:04:59 PM by Mark Harris

Mark Gwynne

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
December 31, 2011, 12:47:20 AM
I haven't seen anywhere that it has the Hyper disc drag of the TP and Stella SW reels. It does have a cold forged drive gear and brass pinion but no mention of the Paladin gear durabilty enhancement of the TP and Stella. No mention of it being waterproof so not sure there (I'm assuming it is) and also no mention of the direct drive type handle like the Stella and TP have (where you have a specific left and right shaft). Also no mention of the Titanium spool lip which the TP and Stella have.
Looks like a great reel, kind of like a rebadged Twinpower FC which I have and love but the Biomaster SW has less bearings than that as well.

Peter Heinke

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 31, 2011, 04:34:50 PM
thanks for the good feedback... didnt think it would genertate this much intrest.

Ben Crarer

December 31, 2011, 05:39:06 PM
Isn't the TP the old Stella?

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 31, 2011, 05:42:02 PM
No it isn't.

Twinpower SW has many of the same features as the current Stella.

Ben Crarer

December 31, 2011, 06:08:31 PM
cool  8)