Simon Steele

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Saltiga Dorado Slider
December 24, 2011, 12:55:24 PM
Guys has anyone got any experience with the Daiwa Dorado Slider ??

After talking to the Nomad guys about the amazing results they have had this year using the Sebile 182 stick shads I have picked a few up and also grabbed a couple of these 180mm Dorado Sliders they have a fantastic action in the water and look like the business in terms of construction and build quality , just interested to hear thoughts or experience.

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
Re: Saltiga Dorado Slider
December 24, 2011, 02:53:27 PM
Those Sliders look very similar to the Shimano Ocea Pencil.

I often go to the sinking version of the Shimano Ocea Pencil when waters are choppy and pure surface lures are unworkable.  It can be very effective indeed. The only problem is the size: 18 cm long, 110 grams and a ST76 3/0 treble. And large singles ruin the brilliant swimming action.  It's a great lure, just too small for big GTs.

Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:00:43 PM by Mark Harris

Peter Childs

• Bluefin Tuna
  • If it moves......cast at it!
  • Liked:
December 24, 2011, 05:11:42 PM
Simon, Ive used the slider a fair bit in both the 140 and 180 size - they are great lures.  They are also available in a tail weighted Hiramasa tune.  The sinkers work really well in all conditions, whilst the floaters are a little difficult in chop, you really need to slow the action down if the water is a little rough.

They seem to have stood up to a few fair to middling kings over the years, bigger beasts mighte make a bit of a mess of them though.

Cheers PC

Simon Steele

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
December 24, 2011, 06:46:00 PM
Thanks Guys

I rigged mine up with 8/0 Jobu singles on the tail and an in line eye Shogun 8/0 for the belly they maintained a good swimming action , remains to be seen how much punishment they can take but if there is lures being destroyed there is fun being had so let them do their best , I will let you know how they hold up.

Andrew Susani

• Red Bass
  • Liked:
December 31, 2011, 03:15:05 PM
Simon,

I have used them a bit, they seem to go pretty well with good castability and good action underwater with some creative rod work.  This was my first decent GT (solo trip) and it happened to be on one of these Dorado sliders a few months back:

Dunno what a real big GT would do to one but the body and wire eyelets seem pretty strong.
Focus on the pop

Simon Steele

• Phytoplankton
  • Liked:
January 02, 2012, 03:24:16 AM
Nice one Andrew well done and thanks for sharing , I think the couple I have will get their share of tooth testing , I know you cant always tell by looks and we all want each lure we own to be a monster masher , but there's a place for one that looks and swims right in my box every time..............to the sea..........and we shall see  ;)

David East

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 02, 2012, 12:29:50 PM
The guys in Cape Cod use them for the bluefin a good bit with good results.

Damian Fantozzi

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 09, 2012, 01:06:33 PM
gents

what size trebles for the 180mm?