Tauranga Kingfish stickbaiting 16th Dec
December 24, 2011, 02:21:13 PM

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tauranga Kingfish stickbaiting 16th Dec
December 24, 2011, 02:59:17 PM
Good to see a report from you Anthony!  Hope all goes well with you.

And good to hear very positive feedback on Colin, who is a member of this forum.

For wind knots by the way, I use a tailor's Quick Unpick tool.  I am sure there are dental instruments that do the job as well.
Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 03:18:06 PM by Mark Harris

Anthony Dillon

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
December 24, 2011, 03:17:52 PM
Hi Mark

Been out of action for a while as had a spinal fusion done on my lower back in early August. Had to take a break for a few months for the bone graft to grow so this was the first trip I have made since then. Fortunately back is back to 100% and the popping and jigging went smoothly.

Whilst the fishing was not the best I had a great trip with Colin. My son had never fished before and Colin was a great Captain as an introduction. This added to the fact he fit us in at the last minute was much appreciated.

Toying with with idea of fishing  Lombok SW corner in early Jan with my 2 sons. Any news from that area recently ?

Cheers

Mark Harris

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 24, 2011, 03:22:48 PM
Great to hear you are well again.

I had a fine trip to those parts of Lombok in November Anthony followed shortly after by a poor one. Adhek had a good one as well in early December. I have no more recent intel than that. The best GT spot has been the lighthouse rock side of Belongas Bay.

Jon Li

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
December 24, 2011, 06:09:19 PM
Great to hear you are well again.

I had a fine trip to those parts of Lombok in November Anthony followed shortly after by a poor one. Adhek had a good one as well in early December. I have no more recent intel than that. The best GT spot has been the lighthouse rock side of Belongas Bay.

Belongas Bay is close to Andy Rowe's work location , we has discussion with Andy on this a couple nights ago .

Jon .
It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so . Mark Twain .