Carl Hollis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
After market rod covers
January 15, 2012, 06:54:59 PM
This is a bit dry, but any advice out there on where to get after market rod covers to suit 8' to 8'6" butt join stick bait/popping rods? Cheers, Carl
Carlos

Warwick Joyce

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
Re: After market rod covers
January 15, 2012, 07:09:10 PM
Carl, are you talking soft covers? Like cloth or something? Or hard like a tube for transport?

Carl Hollis

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 15, 2012, 09:41:11 PM
Soft covers
Carlos

Jay Burgess

• Giant Trevally
  • Liked:
January 15, 2012, 10:43:20 PM
I've looked before Carl but came up empty handed... would be interested to know if you find anything. Most of my GT rods came with covers but have the odd one or two that didn't.

Dan Wulf

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 15, 2012, 11:07:10 PM
A large tackleshop in Bangkok produces their own rod covers. Excellent quality and low cost. I could pm you for further details.

Lee Margrave

• Fusilier
  • Liked:
January 16, 2012, 02:18:08 PM
I picked these up recently to help slide the rods into the travel case. Price is around $6.00US from this US shop. They will slide over the largest eye of all my popping rods.                                   Cheers.............Lee                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 http://www.histackleboxshop.com/Stick-Jacket-Rod-Sleeves-p/stick-jacket-rod-sleeves.htm

Ben Furness

• Bluefin Tuna
  • Liked:
January 16, 2012, 02:52:10 PM
Just head down to "spotlight" or any similar fabric supplier. Choose the material you like and they will cut it to size. Have a seamstress sew it for you and add ties or Velcro tabs to close it off. Costs about $8 a piece if you do 4 or more, and you can make them exactly to size and whatever color or material you like!